The Dark Blues

Streaming of Early Games

Rate this topic

I was wondering what the criteria of viewing the games, if they have to be streamed in the early stages of the season.

My grandson is a United season ticket holder (I know, not my fault), as he purchased an under 16 season ticket he is excluded from using the code because of his age. The reason given by United is that it is something to do with the rules of SPFL/Sky. I have emailed them asking why they would charge full price (under 16) when he is not allowed access to watch his team but to date have not received a reply.

I noticed Dundee juvenile tickets start at under 18, so if these rules apply to under 16 then a large amount of under 18’s will come into this category. Can someone be able to find the real reason for this anomaly.

I pointed out on my email that to treat young supportears in this way is disgraceful and could have detrimental effect on their future support (Hopefully !!)

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Don't Utd fans have previous for this? 

The SPFL rules are freely available.  https://spfl.co.uk/admin/filemanager/images/shares/pdfs/SPFL Rules and Regulations 30-Jul-20 (MASTER COPY) CLEAN.pdf I think the point you're getting at

In their midden it’s essential 

Was a fair point that we should keep this topic on the original subject so have hidden a couple of posts.

Might just nudge this one back on topic.

Clubs are probably trying to prevent unscrupulous adults from buying a kids' season ticket to access free* streaming.

As in a knockdown price/

Edited by Cerulean

Are we offering any live streaming of games yet or are we waiting until it's confirmed whether we will get in the ground or not first? Hopefully they are working on something in the background just incase we won't get into dens in October. 

Re Cerulian, do you know any honest adult Arabs ?. Why would somebody buy an under 16 season ticket to watch around 3-4 games. Hopefully crowds will start getting back mid-September 

1 hour ago, Dens Bound Rhino said:

Are we offering any live streaming of games yet or are we waiting until it's confirmed whether we will get in the ground or not first? Hopefully they are working on something in the background just incase we won't get into dens in October. 

Good question. What is the answer? It might provide a revenue stream if we can't get into Dens. ST holders get the service as part of a way to support them, by the club, and say thank you for buying a Season Ticket. We really need to get some sort of back up plan if attending at Dens, and other venues, is banned.

11 hours ago, Markmcdee said:

Re Cerulian, do you know any honest adult Arabs ?. Why would somebody buy an under 16 season ticket to watch around 3-4 games. Hopefully crowds will start getting back mid-September 

Ha ha that's a very good question, I can't think of any honest ones! 

It was the only reason I could think of as to why clubs are less inclined to allow non-adult season ticket holders to access free streaming of games. With the spikes and clusters going on just now, I wouldn't be too confident of fans being allowed in unless we're all wearing boiler suits and gas masks.

2 hours ago, Cerulean said:

I wouldn't be too confident of fans being allowed in unless we're all wearing boiler suits and gas masks.

Don't Utd fans have previous for this? 

• Funny 3
21 hours ago, Markmcdee said:

I was wondering what the criteria of viewing the games, if they have to be streamed in the early stages of the season.

My grandson is a United season ticket holder (I know, not my fault), as he purchased an under 16 season ticket he is excluded from using the code because of his age. The reason given by United is that it is something to do with the rules of SPFL/Sky. I have emailed them asking why they would charge full price (under 16) when he is not allowed access to watch his team but to date have not received a reply.

I noticed Dundee juvenile tickets start at under 18, so if these rules apply to under 16 then a large amount of under 18’s will come into this category. Can someone be able to find the real reason for this anomaly.

I pointed out on my email that to treat young supportears in this way is disgraceful and could have detrimental effect on their future support (Hopefully !!)

The SPFL rules are freely available. 

https://spfl.co.uk/admin/filemanager/images/shares/pdfs/SPFL Rules and Regulations 30-Jul-20 (MASTER COPY) CLEAN.pdf

I think the point you're getting at is covered in Section I Commercial, Broadcast and Sponsorship.

Page 105. Section 3.

3.4 You confirm that: (a) [you are at least 18 years old] [Position of junior season ticket holders to be considered by Club concerned];

• Like 2

Thanks for the info Jimmy. It looks like, the way it’s worded, is that it is up to the club to decide if under 18’s can stream the game through their club website. Or maybe I’ve misunderstood that part.

I still think it’s wrong, in present circumstances to exclude any fully paid season ticket holder (in my grandsons case under 16 ).access to watch his team.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Markmcdee said:

Thanks for the info Jimmy. It looks like, the way it’s worded, is that it is up to the club to decide if under 18’s can stream the game through their club website. Or maybe I’ve misunderstood that part.

I still think it’s wrong, in present circumstances to exclude any fully paid season ticket holder (in my grandsons case under 16 ).access to watch his team.

It certainly reads like clubs decide for Under-18s.  I suppose I can understand the situation as some "kids" could pay a quid and then watch the streamed games.  That said, what's to stop an adult having a houseful watching the game?  

I doubt much revenue would be lost either way - people will buy season tickets to watch games live, not on tele.  

Imagine, “united sell 5000 season tickets” aye but 4000 were kids at a quid each so they manky b*****ds can watch at home whilst still able to knit in the hoose. 🤪