Danny Mullen

Rate this topic

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It’s a real shame that it’s come to this for a fellow poster. At the end of the day, signing rumours are one of the key sources of interest/discussion/debate that we all love. Why people should hold o

I think it's a case of once bitten twice shy for Deewee mate. If he shares his info privately then he doesn't get abuse and he knows I'm more than happy to back him up as I think he's been unfairly tr

Tbh Nelson did very little last season and Johnson left in January.  It's conceivable that Mullen, jakubiak and possibly Murray do better than these 2 plus Hemmings.

2 minutes ago, Sebastiano Nela said:

whats his games/goals ratio like?

It's pretty poor - slightly over 1 in 5 in all senior games (reading most up to date transfermarkt, not taking into account games where he was only on the pitch for a few mins etc). His last second tier season around 1 in 4.

That being said, he's spent a huge amount of time playing in deeper roles and on the wing playing off a more conventional no 9 type forward. I don't know how effective he'd be if he has to be the main out and out attacker but I think at the top end of the Championship, he'll be good foil for Hemmings and gives us a few ways to play. In my mind, he's an improvement on Nelson who also had a good work rate so could cover out wide etc but didn't really have any composure.

I would still like another striker before the start of the season though as I still think we'll need 3 and maybe someone a bit closer in style to Hemmings to cover.

• Like 3
8 minutes ago, harry94 said:

It's pretty poor - slightly over 1 in 5 in all senior games (reading most up to date transfermarkt, not taking into account games where he was only on the pitch for a few mins etc). His last second tier season around 1 in 4.

That being said, he's spent a huge amount of time playing in deeper roles and on the wing playing off a more conventional no 9 type forward. I don't know how effective he'd be if he has to be the main out and out attacker but I think at the top end of the Championship, he'll be good foil for Hemmings and gives us a few ways to play. In my mind, he's an improvement on Nelson who also had a good work rate so could cover out wide etc but didn't really have any composure.

I would still like another striker before the start of the season though as I still think we'll need 3 and maybe someone a bit closer in style to Hemmings to cover.

My guess would be Si Murray as that 3rd striker.

Will give him my full support but I’m not sure he’s what we need. If you’d offered me him or Murray I’d have gone for Murray but over both, and I know there harder to find but I’d rather we looked for a striker with more height so we can change things around if required. His record in front of goal isnt great but hopefully McPake sees something that makes him think he can be a good foil for Hemmings but my worry would be if Hemmings goes, so i hope we’re still on the look out for another striker. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, bjs said:

Will give him my full support but I’m not sure he’s what we need. If you’d offered me him or Murray I’d have gone for Murray but over both, and I know there harder to find but I’d rather we looked for a striker with more height so we can change things around if required. His record in front of goal isnt great but hopefully McPake sees something that makes him think he can be a good foil for Hemmings but my worry would be if Hemmings goes, so i hope we’re still on the look out for another striker. 

That striker could be a youth on the bench each week

37 minutes ago, harry94 said:

Cheers Harry, while he's a name I'm familiar with, I can't claim any real knowledge of him as a player so appreciate input like this. I'm not a fan of just going by the raw stats like goals to game as they don't tell the full story. Like any new player for us I'll start to have a nose around.

• Like 1

If like me, you like to know as much as possible about ANY new Dundee signing, this piece from Daily Record 10th June, might give a little bit more insight into his character ... There are maybe better players around, but at least he seems to be of the right age and maybe more importantly within in our restricted budget.

He seems to make the point, that he can rise to the standard, if others make negative comments of his play. But (not surprisingly) will show just how much he can do, if he is working for a manager that has belief & confidence in his ability.

THINK UNDER JAMES Mc PAKE, HE WILL GET ALL THE ENCOURAGEMENT HE NEEDS:chaplin:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/forward-danny-mullen-lifts-lid-22158848

• Like 2

Many of his games have come off the bench. 143 starts, 56 goals isn't too bad, especially as quite a few of these have been played on the wing. He also has a decent assist record. I'm happy with this signing.

• Like 3