Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Danny Mullen

Frank Grimes

37 minutes ago, harry94 said:

It's pretty poor - slightly over 1 in 5 in all senior games (reading most up to date transfermarkt, not taking into account games where he was only on the pitch for a few mins etc). His last second tier season around 1 in 4.

That being said, he's spent a huge amount of time playing in deeper roles and on the wing playing off a more conventional no 9 type forward. I don't know how effective he'd be if he has to be the main out and out attacker but I think at the top end of the Championship, he'll be good foil for Hemmings and gives us a few ways to play. In my mind, he's an improvement on Nelson who also had a good work rate so could cover out wide etc but didn't really have any composure.

I would still like another striker before the start of the season though as I still think we'll need 3 and maybe someone a bit closer in style to Hemmings to cover.

Cheers Harry, while he's a name I'm familiar with, I can't claim any real knowledge of him as a player so appreciate input like this. I'm not a fan of just going by the raw stats like goals to game as they don't tell the full story. Like any new player for us I'll start to have a nose around.

• Like 1

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

If like me, you like to know as much as possible about ANY new Dundee signing, this piece from Daily Record 10th June, might give a little bit more insight into his character ... There are maybe better players around, but at least he seems to be of the right age and maybe more importantly within in our restricted budget.

He seems to make the point, that he can rise to the standard, if others make negative comments of his play. But (not surprisingly) will show just how much he can do, if he is working for a manager that has belief & confidence in his ability.

THINK UNDER JAMES Mc PAKE, HE WILL GET ALL THE ENCOURAGEMENT HE NEEDS:chaplin:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/forward-danny-mullen-lifts-lid-22158848

• Like 2

He always did well against us, the only team he seemed to score against!

Very neat goal in that relegation crunch in March 2019 and sure he got the goal in the season opener after Hamilton cockup. He scored twice in a game against us too, might have been one of the above. 

Decent signing. 

1 hour ago, bjs said:

Will give him my full support but I’m not sure he’s what we need. If you’d offered me him or Murray I’d have gone for Murray but over both, and I know there harder to find but I’d rather we looked for a striker with more height so we can change things around if required. His record in front of goal isnt great but hopefully McPake sees something that makes him think he can be a good foil for Hemmings but my worry would be if Hemmings goes, so i hope we’re still on the look out for another striker. 

I honestly dont get this clamour among Dundee fans to sign Simon Murray again. He is very poor technically and  Mullen is an all round better player. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Dundeefc1783 said:

I honestly dont get this clamour among Dundee fans to sign Simon Murray again. He is very poor technically and  Mullen is an all round better player. 

Not sure there's a "clamour", maybe more of a realisation that he might be the level of player we're looking at and he's a known quantity. 

• Like 1

Adblock Detected