The Dark Blues

Are Players Contracts Now Void Due To Pay Reductions?

Rate this topic

Will we receive a fee for Hemmings or is he free to go as he/we have ripped up his contract? Would it not have been better to alert clubs as to his availability? Plenty clubs in England with money to spend.

Are all our players now up for grabs?

• Like 1
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Will we receive a fee for Hemmings or is he free to go as he/we have ripped up his contract? Would it not have been better to alert clubs as to his availability? Plenty clubs in England with money to

Bit of an odd situation really that Hemmings can be under contract, commit to the club by agreeing a wage cut but still be free to walk away at the drop of a hat.

In the right circumstances probably. Just because he didn't score as much as he did in his first spell doesn't mean he was bad. He was very impressive in bullying defenders and helping start chances.

Bit of an odd situation really that Hemmings can be under contract, commit to the club by agreeing a wage cut but still be free to walk away at the drop of a hat.

• Like 1

Do you think we could have commanded a fee for Hemmings on last season’s performances? 

3 minutes ago, BigG said:

Do you think we could have commanded a fee for Hemmings on last season’s performances? 

In the right circumstances probably. Just because he didn't score as much as he did in his first spell doesn't mean he was bad. He was very impressive in bullying defenders and helping start chances.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, BigG said:

a fee for Hemmings on last season’s performances? 

NO why should we pay a club to take him 🤪😂

• Like 1

The renegotiations are a fixed arrangement, the whole point of them is to give certainty to club planning, it's not helpful if it's just giving time to players to negotiate a bit longer elsewhere so it is a binding commitment after it's signed by both parties and is valid as long as it doesn't go into arrears.

In that, there will likely be a 'cooling off' period in there that gives a player a get out a couple of weeks after as they have possibly not yet started the new payment scheme (you would pay the first month in normal salary you'd imagine as a notice period). I suspect that's what's happened with Hemmings.

I don't think it's the case that when the squad enter the new pay conditions, they will be up for grabs to anyone.

1 hour ago, harry94 said:

The renegotiations are a fixed arrangement, the whole point of them is to give certainty to club planning, it's not helpful if it's just giving time to players to negotiate a bit longer elsewhere so it is a binding commitment after it's signed by both parties and is valid as long as it doesn't go into arrears.

In that, there will likely be a 'cooling off' period in there that gives a player a get out a couple of weeks after as they have possibly not yet started the new payment scheme (you would pay the first month in normal salary you'd imagine as a notice period). I suspect that's what's happened with Hemmings.

I don't think it's the case that when the squad enter the new pay conditions, they will be up for grabs to anyone.

We're all guessing I suppose, I'll toss in another hypothesis, if the player is wanting away then the club maybe thought it was more trouble than it was worth to keep him, especially if they're paying a lot of money in wages, even if reduced for a few months.

If we win our case against the insurance could we not sue the insurance company for compensation for the fee we have missed out for Hemmings?