Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Betfred Cup

Bobby Dee

On 11/08/2020 at 20:41, Prince Buster said:

Two very poor sides slogging out a midfield shitfest with no real quality or class in either side.

Awful to watch.

Only point of note is just how bad that United keeper actually is.

I thought both sides played with more pace and aggression than we did last season, end product wasn’t great but when Allan came on Hibs looked the more likely to win. Hopefully JMcP demands a bit more of that from us this season with an added end product 🤞🏻

As for Utds keeper, I’d have him as our no1 before any of our current options. Far better than many of our recent stoppers 

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Pondering over their defeat, United's Manager's has offered a Short Headline ...Contemplating the lack of threat up front (especially with Shanklands still absent with an injury) their manager in a thoughtful, pensive pose (BBC Pic) ... "There will be No Knee-Jerk Reaction"...

That kind of comment kinda reads to me...

"Although I am not quite yet shi**ing myself, after only 3 games, reality is starting to set in, and I am now starting to question myself, why did I agree to join these clowns" :tears:

Okay oor season's no started yet, but we might as weel enjoy it when we can...Mon the Dee:chaplin:

Hibs fire a blank at home to struggling Motherwell. 0-0 FT. Don't see why we can't aim for a result against them, home or away.

Curious that Jack Ross hasn't started Scott Allan since the opening day. Allan turns 29 this year and for such a gifted player he seems to have spent an awful lot of his career not playing football. 

11 hours ago, Cobra said:

Hibs fire a blank at home to struggling Motherwell. 0-0 FT. Don't see why we can't aim for a result against them, home or away.

Curious that Jack Ross hasn't started Scott Allan since the opening day. Allan turns 29 this year and for such a gifted player he seems to have spent an awful lot of his career not playing football. 

Doesn't that tell you something? That's 3 teams now where he couldn't hold down a place.

This is maybe not the forum/topic to say this, but after my post 63 above ,  I suppose (very grudgingly)  United are due some credit for coming back from a goal down & then going on to pick up the 3 points ...

It's like the "elephant in the room" I've been trying to look the other way and avoid mentioning their win.

But if I'm happy to put the boot in a wee bit, and have a good  old  laugh at them, when they take a bit off an embarrassing & humiliating  hammering, I've decided reluctantly, I've got to add balance and admit that any team going up to Ding wall & coming back with all points, deserve some credit.

The season of course, is still early...And in oor case not even begun.

I'm expecting, (weel maybe hoping) DFC come flying out the blocks.

Of course it doesn't matter at all what oor neighbours do this season.

If they do better than expected, it should be a spur for us...C'mon DFC.

Lets start Season focused with our eyes on Promotion. WE CAN DO IT.

42 minutes ago, Gedee said:

This is maybe not the forum/topic to say this, but after my post 63 above ,  I suppose (very grudgingly)  United are due some credit for coming back from a goal down & then going on to pick up the 3 points ...

It's like the "elephant in the room" I've been trying to look the other way and avoid mentioning their win.

But if I'm happy to put the boot in a wee bit, and have a good  old  laugh at them, when they take a bit off an embarrassing & humiliating  hammering, I've decided reluctantly, I've got to add balance and admit that any team going up to Ding wall & coming back with all points, deserve some credit.

The season of course, is still early...And in oor case not even begun.

I'm expecting, (weel maybe hoping) DFC come flying out the blocks.

Of course it doesn't matter at all what oor neighbours do this season.

If they do better than expected, it should be a spur for us...C'mon DFC.

Lets start Season focused with our eyes on Promotion. WE CAN DO IT.

In a sense I'm happy to see them building themselves up as the inevitable fall will be all the more sweet.  

I'm going to be tight and say they seem to have rode their luck a bit and that will even out over a season.  That said, 7 points clear of Accies already so fair play for getting the points on the board early doors. 

16 minutes ago, HK Blues said:

In a sense I'm happy to see them building themselves up as the inevitable fall will be all the more sweet.  

I'm going to be tight and say they seem to have rode their luck a bit and that will even out over a season.  That said, 7 points clear of Accies already so fair play for getting the points on the board early doors. 

That's a fair response to my comments above HK ...

There wasn't much happening on the Scottish Fitba front on Sat. and so understandably I kept half an eye on the Countty vs Arab Game. When County went one up and had a wee chuckle to myself, with the thought every thing was going to plan. Even when they came back with a goal to even the match,. Although disappointed, I believed County would come back again & nip ini' the winner. With that in mind I forgot all about the game & went on wi other business. When I eventually got around to checking final score ...."Eh felt a bit seek"

(And it was maybe that over-reaction that made me decide to post aboot them)

No surprisingly, most of us are primed & ready to steam into them when they get beat. But when they do win a game that might merit praise, most of us (most of the time) pretend on here that no only did it no happen, they dinnae really exist.

That said, that's whit fitba is awe aboot, especially when it involves rivalry between, two City Clubs ... And of course it works both ways ... Human nature is what it is: And we've all been guilty of "steamin'-in" when we are on top & then happily ignoring the situation when "the ither lot" show signs of improvement.

The main focus here of course, has to be on DFC :wub:

AND WITH THAT IN MIND...LETS DO IT DUNDEE:chaplin:

46 minutes ago, HK Blues said:

Having watched them against Hibs on Tuesday then Hibs v Motherwell yesterday along with a couple of other games I am of the opinion that the most sh**e team will be the one that struggles this season as outside of the obvious three there are only sh**e teams in The Premiership. It's very difficult right now to say which side will be most sh**e but United must be in with a shout.

32 minutes ago, Prince Buster said:

Having watched them against Hibs on Tuesday then Hibs v Motherwell yesterday along with a couple of other games I am of the opinion that the most sh**e team will be the one that struggles this season as outside of the obvious three there are only sh**e teams in The Premiership. It's very difficult right now to say which side will be most sh**e but United must be in with a shout.

Great Response Prince ... But I think most United Fans/Supporters, who may be looking in here, will have to read your comments a guid few times, before they reach the conclusion ....

I think he has recognised our qualities and is indeed  is praising us :wacko:

Adblock Detected