Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Paul Hartley

Prince Buster

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
2 minutes ago, Cobra said:

Best manager this century but he cut his nose off to spite his face when pushed Harkins out the door.

Harkins was asked to take a pay cut, whilst the 2 ICT non-entities were quite open about how much they were getting paid, which was more than our best players. Harkins was rightly annoyed, but went about things the wrong way. 

No real surprise it went sour. Hartley should not have had to deal with the contractual side of things,  it's another example of John Nelms ineptitude unfortunately. 

19 minutes ago, Alexis said:

Hartley is a level up completely on McCann and McPake. One bad window cost him, otherwise we'd still have a good manager. I'd have him back in a minute over the dross we've appointed since he left. 

He deserves a good reception whenever he's at Dens. 

Interesting thought Alexis. Like you I agree that he had more to offer than McCann, McIntyre and also McPake, however, after the Aberdeen embarrassment when we got truly pummelled at home to the tune of 7 zip live on Tv, then followed that by a defeat away to Hamilton,  his time was up. I’m convinced we would have got relegated that season if he had been given the final five games. The Harkins fiasco at the start of the season was the beginning of the end for PH, Harkins was the leader in the dressing room and the fans loved him but most importantly it was what he brought onto the pitch, we have subsequently never replaced him with anyone near his guile. 

The games up if Dundee FC are worried about Cove Rangers.

27 minutes ago, Alexis said:

Harkins was asked to take a pay cut, whilst the 2 ICT non-entities were quite open about how much they were getting paid, which was more than our best players. Harkins was rightly annoyed, but went about things the wrong way. 

No real surprise it went sour. Hartley should not have had to deal with the contractual side of things,  it's another example of John Nelms ineptitude unfortunately. 

Never heard that side of the story re pay cut for Harkins. I did hear he was open to PH about Williams and Vincent’s lack of quality... He was proved more than correct as both were terrible signings.

52 minutes ago, Alexis said:

Hartley is a level up completely on McCann and McPake. One bad window cost him, otherwise we'd still have a good manager. I'd have him back in a minute over the dross we've appointed since he left. 

He deserves a good reception whenever he's at Dens. 

He does deserve a good reception. 

He had a good 18-24 months as Dundee manager but after that the wheels well and truly came off. It wasn't just a bad window it was stubbornness to abandon a philosophy that we didn't have players capable of playing to. 

Adblock Detected