Hamilton or Ferrie?

Rate this topic

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hamilton is a very good keeper, it's a concentration/confidence issue that is affecting his game. He'd be a top keeper if he can address that. 

Can’t honestly say I have seen Ferrie enough to make that call. We surely have to bring in another ‘keeper you’d imagine though. Unless we just go down the emergency loan route if one gets injured? Li

We need a new number 1. If we stick with Ferrie and Hamilton, and Ferrie starts over Hamilton then that will be the end of him. He is good in one on one situations but has been well under par in

Can’t honestly say I have seen Ferrie enough to make that call. We surely have to bring in another ‘keeper you’d imagine though. Unless we just go down the emergency loan route if one gets injured? Like you say there might not be the budget for it 

• Like 3

Think I've only seen Ferrie the once and it was the horror show against Elgin at Dens. Can't form an opinion on one game but Hamilton needs to vastly improve in certain areas. Some of the saves he pulls off are absolutely top drawer and he seems to be a very good 1-on-1 keeper, but when he makes mistakes, they tend to be very very costly. 

New keeper altogether for me.

• Like 2

Hamilton is a very good keeper, it's a concentration/confidence issue that is affecting his game. He'd be a top keeper if he can address that. 

• Like 5

If Ferrie starts as number one it sends the message to Hamilton that we really don't trust him. If Ferrie struggles and needs to be dropped early on we could then have two keepers with their confidence shot.

I think it's probably best that we start with Hamilton or bring in someone like Hazard and send Ferrie out on loan again.

• Like 1
39 minutes ago, Alexis said:

Tbh I've never seen that, but you'd think it might be worth getting him to a sports psychologist if his issues are that severe. Might save his career. 

46 minutes ago, Alexis said:

If that is a serious issue then he needs a career change. Crucial in a goalie To concentrate and have confidence.

If Ferrie isn't intended to be no 1, I hope he gets a decent loan sorted in good time. He did very well and was POTY at Stirling then didn't really get a chance for first team football last term with the hastily arranged move to Falkik for a bit of cover. He'd have gotten first choice at League One side if we aimed for that early.

Hamilton is capable of being a decent keeper if he sorts out his confidence issues. Unfortunately that is easier said than done

• Like 1

I don't think you can teach concentration. You either have it or don't. He'll make a good save then let one in that's straight at him. In the St Mirren game at Dens he was at fault for all 3 goals plus the one at Paisley when he trod on the ball. He's let in loads of goals that he should save and these goals are changing games. 

If he was a striker he'd be Moussa. 

Ferrie looked a solid keeper in the reserves. The only thing is can he do it in the first team. We've seen jack isn't good enough now we should see if Ferrie is. Imo.

I genuinely have to say Hamilton, sorry lads. I've only seen 2 games from Ferrie, with one of them being the Challenge Cup game loss against Elgin which I wouldn't blame on him, and a reserve game against Celtic where he shipped four, and I would blame him for some terrible goals gifted away that game. Hamilton can, if pushed, have good performances and make good saves, and I've yet to see that from Ferrie.

Though really I am desperate for a new keeper and hope that's top of Jazza's wishlist.