Hearts

Rate this topic

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The protocols on teams resuming training were around early resumptions for the top flight teams with the logic being that obviously their football calendar required that and it's not necessary for low

What a mess out game is in - ran by absolute muppets .    Meanwhile celtc and Aberdeen no sanction from the joint response group .........headed up by Rod Petrie 😂🙈

Millwall as well apparently! I really don't get why a football team can't just stick to their own facilities/regions for this summer. Anywhere they go to train will still be a bit of grass.

What a mess out game is in - ran by absolute muppets . 

Meanwhile celtc and Aberdeen no sanction from the joint response group .........headed up by Rod Petrie 😂🙈

• Like 5
  • Star Post 1

I'm reading this differently. According to BBC Scottish Football site, new sanctions for Scottish footballers who do not adhere to Covid-specific protocols and guidance are to be announced tomorrow.

Scottish football's joint response group said sanctions will encompass recent breaches.

Therefore, If reporting is accurate, players already on the naughty step at Aberdeen and Celtic will be dealt with.

• Confused 1

Think the reason Hearts are upset is because they are being asked, along with all other teams of adults below the SPL, to pause their training. This is despite them carrying out all the testing requirements that have been imposed on the SPL.

SPL appear to be able to carry on training.

• Like 2
7 hours ago, BCram said:

Think the reason Hearts are upset is because they are being asked, along with all other teams of adults below the SPL, to pause their training. This is despite them carrying out all the testing requirements that have been imposed on the SPL.

That's how I read it - and I don't blame them for being furious.

• Like 3

I would assume each player has a personal programme that they are doing at home. If issued by the club then it would be deemed working so no furlough, but if they create it and follow it themselves then they are no different from you or I doing some exercise.

I would assume they know through experience what they can do/should be doing to keep fit. I do hope so.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, BCram said:

1 hour ago, Dens Bound Rhino said:

When are we back training? Don't want to get left behind in preparation 

The protocols on teams resuming training were around early resumptions for the top flight teams with the logic being that obviously their football calendar required that and it's not necessary for lower league sides to take the risk so far away from October. Hearts were given an exemption as they argued there was still a very slight chance of them needing to play in the top flight. The date given for teams to return to training was the 17th August.

In the light of some of the rule breaches and transmission of the virus in the footballing community, the JRG met on Friday and reviewed all protocols. The earliest return date has been pushed back a week to the 24th August and Hearts have had their special status removed since there's clearly no need for it anymore. They've already had a considerable advantage over all their league rivals with their players and staff being allowed into Riccarton a month early.

They've thrown the toys out of the pram again over this and have the press eating this up as an injustice imposed on them by the top flight but the reality is that these sorts of things have just got to be constantly reviewed. In this case, it's literally just 4 or 5 training days where players will have to work by themselves (as the rest of the division are) and then they'll be back to normal and still likely well ahead of the rest of the league fitness wise.

Talk of Celtic and Aberdeen players is immaterial, this is a health decision rather than one of discipline.

• Like 6
33 minutes ago, Budgem said:

As long as it's no' the Leigh Griffiths "I should be okay doing this" manual for training!! 🤯

"Like when eh said, eh widnae mind a Tunnock Teacake, eh dinae mean a wee single teacake..."I MEANT ONE BOX"

He is still  Oor Hero ... Come on back Leigh. Well find a shirt & shorts that fits ye just fine, even if it means stretching the elastic...

And we'll still make sure you get your Half-time Treat  :wub:

• Funny 1
17 hours ago, tommy the tap in king said:

Hull City have traveled 200 miles to training camp in Edinburgh. Its all bonkers.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53778776

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
17 minutes ago, Blue4evr said:

Hull City have traveled 200 miles to training camp in Edinburgh. Its all bonkers.

The whole thing is a bit nuts but this is another level of crazy to factor in. 

• Like 1

This really undermines the current SFA/SPFL/Holyrood 'outrage'. Whether they can legitimise the reasons via guidelines etc. is almost irrelevant. It's a ludicrous situation coming on the back of the JRG recommendations. 

1 hour ago, Blue4evr said:

Millwall as well apparently!

I really don't get why a football team can't just stick to their own facilities/regions for this summer. Anywhere they go to train will still be a bit of grass.

• Like 5
36 minutes ago, harry94 said:

Millwall as well apparently!

I really don't get why a football team can't just stick to their own facilities/regions for this summer. Anywhere they go to train will still be a bit of grass.

Maybe it increases team bonding if there is no wife and kids to go home to at night.

• Like 2