The Dark Blues

From Zero To Hero

Rate this topic

Which Dees were held in low esteem before winning over the fans?

Nade is one.

Nade departs Dundee | SPFL

Any others?

• Like 1
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Barry Smith. Early performances in the WTF category but what a great servant he was for the club. Unbelievable consistency of performance, versatility and commitment. Terrific role model. Wish there w

Lauchlan did a solid job. Good defender who read the game well. Not the quickest but you don't have to be if your positional play compensates. Unless you're facing Usain Bolt every week. 😄 The ne

Jim Lauchlan was derided as an ex Arab bassa and went on to win POTY

Funny you should bring this topic up Cobra, it was literally a couple of days ago a Crystal Palace fan and colleague of mine was talking about Julian Speroni personifying the ‘zero to hero’ tagline. He had an absolute howler of a debut that was summarised on by the MOTD presenter as “this is what happens when you bring in an Argentine goalkeeper from Scotland” - The rest, of course, is history. 

• Like 3
19 minutes ago, DFC1974 said:

Funny you should bring this topic up Cobra, it was literally a couple of days ago a Crystal Palace fan and colleague of mine was talking about Julian Speroni personifying the ‘zero to hero’ tagline. He had an absolute howler of a debut that was summarised on by the MOTD presenter as “this is what happens when you bring in an Argentine goalkeeper from Scotland” - The rest, of course, is history. 

I used to hate that prick with the gardening trousers because I wanted to see Speroni play! He did start the first 6 games or so and was dropping howlers left, right and centre!

Maybe a decade from now, we'll be looking back at Jack Hamilton as one of our best ever signings....

• Funny 1

Very few I would imagine. Being a 'zero' with Dundee fans must be a very difficult problem to overcome.

Barry Smith. Early performances in the WTF category but what a great servant he was for the club. Unbelievable consistency of performance, versatility and commitment. Terrific role model. Wish there were more like him.

• Like 7
1 hour ago, Prince Buster said:

Peter Mackie?

Never a great player for us until the day he gave Celtic a football lesson.

Scoring against that mob across the road always helps.

• Like 2
9 hours ago, Cobra said:

Which Dees were held in low esteem before winning over the fans?

Nade is one.

Nade departs Dundee | SPFL

Any others?

It was Hearts fans who held him in low esteem. They're a strange lot. In fact if they say a player's crap, he's usually good. Witteveen was another.

I always give a guy a chance, and Nade was great in the title decider. 

10 minutes ago, blueboy said:

It was Hearts fans who held him in low esteem. They're a strange lot. In fact if they say a player's crap, he's usually good. Witteveen was another.

I always give a guy a chance, and Nade was great in the title decider. 

To be fair, Nade was the size of me when he joined us, he put the work in and came good, can't ask for any more than that.