Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Nelson

Irene Marot

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
12 minutes ago, Irene Marot said:

Sat down to enjoy my dinner and catch up on DFC news. Today's piece by George Cran in the Courier. It says we paid £250,000 for Nelson. This can't be true surely? 

I've not read this Irene, but Jings eh hope no ... I thought in his opening games he played like a valued player, who might well be rated by himself & others. But his initial verve, energy & enthusiasm ( & more importantly, his eye for goals) seemed to disappear with each passing game (imo) Maybe we will approach this season with more success ... Assuming we are learning from past mistakes.

No way did we pay that for any player, never mind Nelson. On a more general note, I'm always amazed that million pound players are still allowed to do the famous slide to the corner flag. There can't be anything more unnatural to do to your body. Wasnt some top player injured a year or 2 ago and out for several months.

2 hours ago, Cobra said:

We lost a record 10 games on the bounce after our in-form striker's ridiculous celebration injury. If we paid £250k for the player it makes that moment of folly at Livi even worse.

Ouch! Bit hard on him. That was a horrific time though. 

Thompson said on BBC results show after we lost 4-3 in injury time to Well: 'how does a team lose 9 in a row?' It's some feat, freakish, no matter how bad you are. Of course we 'got a point' v Celtic until they decided to play until they scored. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, blueboy said:

Ouch! Bit hard on him. That was a horrific time though. 

Well, when your survival hopes are hanging by a thread you don't want the killer blow to be self-inflicted.

The partnership of Nelson and Wright might have fired us to safety but after that injury we were doomed.  

On 22/08/2020 at 15:18, Cobra said:

Well, when your survival hopes are hanging by a thread you don't want the killer blow to be self-inflicted.

The partnership of Nelson and Wright might have fired us to safety but after that injury we were doomed.  

The injury happened before the Livi game, he just happened to aggravate it celebrating but really he could've aggravated it at any point during that match. Possibly a bit harsh to pin the blame on a player prepared to play with an injury for our horrendous run of form mate. I know you see it differently but it was reported at the time that Nelson was carrying an injury prior to the game.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

The injury happened before the Livi game, he just happened to aggravate it celebrating but really he could've aggravated it at any point during that match. Possibly a bit harsh to pin the blame on a player prepared to play with an injury for our horrendous run of form mate. I know you see it differently but it was reported at the time that Nelson was carrying an injury prior to the game.

It was a crazy celebration to do moments after he aggravated the injury scoring the goal, as he explained after the game. 

“I agitated the injury going for the header then I made it even worse going for the goal celebration as well.

“I shouldn’t really have jumped so high but it was in the heat of the moment and I just landed funny.

“I jumped high and landed on my heels. It’s not too serious though and I should be back for Friday.

“I took a knock to the shin earlier in the week and I’ve had shin splints so it really flared up after my jump.

“If I felt good enough to play though then I was playing. I’m not the kind of person to hold out on a 50/50.”

Nelson had to be subbed after his cele aggravated an old injury

Respect to him for playing when not 100%. Nobody will have been more frustrated than him though the way things panned out that day.

I'm not condemning Nelson. Was really just highlighting that this turned out to be the moment our survival hopes ended. That's football. One bit of misfortune can change your season.

It's all in the past now though. I'm not looking to dwell on it.

Adblock Detected