The Dark Blues

Current Best XI?

Rate this topic

Who would make your team assuming everyone is 100% fit?

Not sure about the formation but I'd go with something like this.

v3Kp5ls.png

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Do you like or rate any Dundee FC players?

We'll be going for a 3 at the back system IMO. We're not finished our business so the valid point that Cobra rightly brought up will be less of an issue come opening day I suspect. (I base this on the

Byrne hit some form after Xmas last season and he would certainly be a starter in my team alongside Dorrans and Gowser with FInn also playing a major role with rotation . Hopefully Ness can get fit bu

Quite like the look of that Cobes but I still have a feeling Byrne will do a job for us in midfield, just not sure for who?

Oh, and Ashcroft for Forster, initially.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Bobby Dee said:

Think we go 3 at the back 

We've got 5 strong CMs and only 3 CBs. 3 at the back doesn't look very practical atm especially if we're going with 2 up top.

2 hours ago, Cobra said:

We've got 5 strong CMs and only 3 CBs. 3 at the back doesn't look very practical atm especially if we're going with 2 up top.

I think we'll go 352 as well and probabaly sign another centre half. Cammy can play on the right of a 3 as well though. 

• Like 1

I think we'll go for a 4 2 3 1

Hamilton

Kerr Ashcroft McGhee Marshall

Robertson  Dorrans

Jakubiak     McGowan     McDaid

Mullen

Elliott, Forster, Ness, Byrne, Cameron, Mulligan on the bench

A solid back four, a bit of dig in the middle of the park with some creativity for provide chances for Mullen

• Star Post 1

We'll be going for a 3 at the back system IMO. We're not finished our business so the valid point that Cobra rightly brought up will be less of an issue come opening day I suspect. (I base this on the fact that ICT beat us to signing Robbie Deas who is a CH). Obviously, that's not the point of the thread and it's based on right now, but I think more interesting is what will be our team for the season rather than right this second using the players we currently have.

I'll go for:

Ferrie

Ashcroft -- Forster -- McGhee

Elliott                                                     Marshall

Dorrans McGowan Byrne

Jakubiak  ---- Mullen

I expect if we don't sign another keeper that Hamilton will start in goal, but I can't see him being number 1 for long as he's such a liability so it'll be sink or swim time for Ferrie. Robertson will be a massive player for us this season and rack up 20-odd games but he's interchangeable with any of the current 3 I put in as all 4 will make a good few appearances this season. If Ness is anywhere near fitness and not completely done as most suspect, then he's another quality addition in midfield.

We have good back-up for the wing-back positions in Cammy and McDaid (Who played his best stuff at LWB IMO even if it isn't his natural position).

A goalkeeper, a CH and a back-up striker and I think we're golden tbh.

Edited by Ludo*1
  • Like 4
3 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

I'll go for:

Ferrie

Dorrans McGowan Byrne

Jakubiak  ---- Mullen

Interesting that you don't see last season's most effective attacker McDaid making the starting XI. It's asking a lot of the wing-backs to provide all the threat from the flanks.

4 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

We'll be going for a 3 at the back system IMO. We're not finished our business so the valid point that Cobra rightly brought up will be less of an issue come opening day I suspect. (I base this on the fact that ICT beat us to signing Robbie Deas who is a CH). Obviously, that's not the point of the thread and it's based on right now, but I think more interesting is what will be our team for the season rather than right this second using the players we currently have.

I'll go for:

Ferrie

Dorrans McGowan Byrne

Jakubiak  ---- Mullen

I expect if we don't sign another keeper that Hamilton will start in goal, but I can't see him being number 1 for long as he's such a liability so it'll be sink or swim time for Ferrie. Robertson will be a massive player for us this season and rack up 20-odd games but he's interchangeable with any of the current 3 I put in as all 4 will make a good few appearances this season. If Ness is anywhere near fitness and not completely done as most suspect, then he's another quality addition in midfield.

We have good back-up for the wing-back positions in Cammy and McDaid (Who played his best stuff at LWB IMO even if it isn't his natural position).

A goalkeeper, a CH and a back-up striker and I think we're golden tbh.

Very well put, that's how I was imagining it too. Only differences being I have McDaid starting over Marshall at LWB and Hamilton over Ferrie in goal, though obviously hoping we get another, better, option at GK.

Edited by rossbatchelor9

Just hoping that Mullen is not another Craig Curran and we get another keeper 🙏

Has Hazard gone for good?

25 minutes ago, Bobby Dee said:

Hopefully get a few friendlies announced soon and Work on formations etc 

Indeed.

Could be the best pre season of the past few years, not going abroad and actually doing shi*  😀 

Edited by Dondeh
  • Like 1