Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

40 Years Ago.

PolarBear

.Cant believe it was 40 years ago today I was at the Saints- Dundee game at Muirton. I was blootered and lying on the grass behind the goal. We lost 1-0, it was Ally MCCoists first league goal for Saints. I remember the rammies at the half way line and the battles in the streets before and after the game. We had a horrendous start to that season but got promoted at East Stirling on the last day.  40 years, incredible.

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Was at both games, remember nothing about the first one except we had a big party that night for my girlfriend's 20th, so yes it's incredible how 40 years can pass like that. 

Second one was a great occasion but crap game I recall, Sinky scored and carried us. We played the week after all the other games had finished and St J were waiting for us to slip up I think. 

Still enjoyed the party though, I think. 

On 1980, we were bottom by middle of September, and 2-0 down to second bottom Berwick at Dens after 45min, then Cammy Fraser scored on his debut, we drew 2-2 and went on a great run, followed by a crap run then another great run to clinch second and go up. 

Edited by blueboy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, blueboy said:

Was at both games, remember nothing about the first one except we had a big party that night for my girlfriend's 20th, so yes it's incredible how 40 years can pass like that. 

Second one was a great occasion but crap game I recall, Sinky scored and carried us. We played the week after all the other games had finished and St J were waiting for us to slip up I think. 

Still enjoyed the party though, I think. 

On 1980, we were bottom by middle of September, and 2-0 down to second bottom Berwick at Dens after 45min, then Cammy Fraser scored on his debut, we drew 2-2 and went on a great run, followed by a crap run then another great run to clinch second and go up. 

We had a penalty at 2-2 as well and I seem to remember a bit of confusion as to who was going to take it. Fraser eventually stepped forward...........and missed it! 

I shudder to think what we'd all be like if there was a Dark Blues Forum back then after one win in the opening nine (second tier) league games.

Oh and aye, forty years ffs

Roller coaster season. Failed to record a victory in first seven league games, unbeaten in next fourteen, then six winless and apparently out of contention. A late charge of ten wins and two draws later took us above St Johnstone by one point, Raith by two, and Motherwell by three.

Also reached final of League Cup, defeating Premier League champions Aberdeen at the quarter-final stage.

Perhaps the Deefiant prequel season?

• Like 1

Adblock Detected