Bad News

Rate this topic

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is the future of the club Bobby, Academy’s are so much more than kids training for the club, it’s also about building future generations of Dundee supporters. I find it hard to believe that

I'd like to thank all the coaches for doing this and I hope they are rewarded for their loyalty to the kids and the club. A coach I spoke to recently said there are some very promising kids at 13

On mine it only allows Report and Share  Edit - I'm wrong - obviously!  I can only edit my own posts which is damn inconvenient in an argument!  

3 minutes ago, Mr Sensible said:

Seemingly Barry Smith and 14 other youth coaches sacked from Dens.

Apologies if this has been posted.

Thanks, never knew, it's not Easy anywhere just now.

• Like 1

"Sacked" suggests they did something wrong. Have they been made redundant because we don't have the funds for those roles anymore?

Just now, Cobra said:

"Sacked" suggests they did something wrong. Have they been made redundant because we don't have the funds for those roles anymore?

Yeh made redundant...

not told to their face

letter thro the door

Nelms makes it hard to defend him at times...

Strachan apparently staying on...

What for I wonder 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
43 minutes ago, Cobra said:

Is this not just confirmation of news from a while ago and did a lot of them not agree to work for nothing in the current situation? Maybe, though, it is taking that earlier scenario a step further. Is there any confirmation anywhere re this news?

https://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/fp/dundee-youth-coaches-willing-to-work-for-free-to-help-academy-through-coronavirus-crisis/

Edited by troodee1893
  • Like 1

Listen if true gutted for all involved inc the kids these people were coaching . But there is no way this decision will Have been be taken lightly. These decisions are taken with the long term future of the club as the main aim 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Bobby Dee said:

Listen if true gutted for all involved inc the kids these people were coaching . But there is no way this decision will Have been be taken lightly. These decisions are taken with the long term future of the club as the main aim 

If true sets us back years though mate, years and years. It's a short term view imo unless these redundancies are only to last for a few months until football restarts

• Like 1

“Peanuts” was the quote as to what the club is saving from a club legend.

Factor in the way people were allegedly told about it, we seem to go one step forward and two back.

• Star Post 1
6 minutes ago, Mr Sensible said:

“Peanuts” was the quote as to what the club is saving from a club legend.

Factor in the way people were allegedly told about it, we seem to go one step forward and two back.

These coaches were working a few hours a week for what basically amounted to expenses. Unless we won’t be running any youth teams at all I can’t see where any substantial savings are to be made. 

if that’s the case then what happens to the money Dee Pronotions raises as its charitable purpose is to help youth development?

• Like 2
33 minutes ago, Dens Bound Rhino said:

If true sets us back years though mate, years and years. It's a short term view imo unless these redundancies are only to last for a few months until football restarts

Yes particularly if it means we lose a footing to attract young kids to the club

• Like 1

25 years ago this month Barry Smith joined Dundee. He played around 400 games and led us through the Deefiant season. Now might be a good time to offer him a deserved testimonial but no. We'll give him his P45 instead.

1 hour ago, Bobby Dee said:

This is the future of the club Bobby, Academy’s are so much more than kids training for the club, it’s also about building future generations of Dundee supporters.

I find it hard to believe that Queens Park, Morton, Inverness and Ayr Utd continue to have academy’s but ours is continuously on the brink.

• Like 6