The Dark Blues

Site Updates

Rate this topic

• Administrator

The forum is still in the process of being updated, so there will be some features which are missing or broken.

I will continue to fix the issues over the next few days, so I would ask everyone to be patient while the rest of the updates and fixes are completed.

Cheers!

• Like 2
  • Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Like many others John, more recently not been so active on the forum (The lack of real fitba, fae the only Club I'm really interested in, may account for that) Nevertheless, I always check it out and

The forum is still in the process of being updated, so there will be some features which are missing or broken. I will continue to fix the issues over the next few days, so I would ask everyone t

Like Gedee, thought I'd clicked on the wrong button ๐Ÿ˜‰.ย  Looks good, well done โœ…. It might take me a wee while to get up to speed with the new layout. Keep up the good work. Training starts o

Posted Images

Like many others John, more recently not been so active on the forum (The lack of real fitba, fae the only Club I'm really interested in, may account for that) Nevertheless, I always check it out and read new posts, usually very early in the morning & then throughout the day.

I know you are always busy on the forum (especially behind the scenes) on the fixing stuff, or working on further updates, spending awe your money & using all your spare time, on making the forum improvements ... Easier to use and more attractive, exciting, interesting, entertaining for us "lesser mortals"(sorry chomp, it had to be said) :)

This morning, when I was hit with the New Forum Home page, I honestly thought I clicked the wrong button ... First impression? Very impressed ... It's amazing the difference a few bright, colourful (& appropriate) pictures can make.

You continue to do do some Braw Work John, on the Forum, both on front, & behind the scenes :happyyes:

I'm sure I speak for everyone when we again say thanks to yourself & Scott. Thank You Again:chaplin:

ย 

ย 

• Like 3

Like Gedee, thought I'd clicked on the wrong button ๐Ÿ˜‰.ย 

Looks good, well done โœ…. It might take me a wee while to get up to speed with the new layout. Keep up the good work.

Training starts on Monday 31st, hopefully have something football wise to speak about and start to distinguish the weekends from the week days again.

ย 

ย 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Mary said:

Training starts on Monday 31st, hopefully have something football wise to speak about and start to distinguish the weekends from the week days again.

Mary, I seem to be finding things to keep me busy ...

Still it's nae fun, when eh open the door o' oor Big Kitchen Fridge to get aย  wee drap milk for meh porridge, and eh get knocked on meh back wi ' aboot a Ton o' Tomatoes, that's fell on tap o' me. I'm also back to my short fishing trips just doon at the local jetty (Just about on a daily basis)

I'd like to say my chest freezer is noo full o' fine Freshly Caught Mackerel ... But sadly it's anither few ton o' Home Grown, Frozen Organic Tomatoes, that's taken up awe the space in my freezer (Whatever we're eating for a quick snack or main meal, it's tomatoes with everything) The idea of choice is now right oot the windae :)

The Home-Made Toffee and Tablet Making, also takes up most of my day now. Storing it seems to be a bit of a problem. Kitchen Cupboards are now jam-packed wi' bags & bags & bags of it.

My last remaining teeth have now awe fell oot, since eh made a serious attempt to get through it all during this shutdown.

.... Other than above toots, life goes on as usual:chaplin:

• Funny 1
  • Administrator
On 25/08/2020 at 07:38, Gedee said:

Like many others John, more recently not been so active on the forum (The lack of real fitba, fae the only Club I'm really interested in, may account for that) Nevertheless, I always check it out and read new posts, usually very early in the morning & then throughout the day.

I know you are always busy on the forum (especially behind the scenes) on the fixing stuff, or working on further updates, spending awe your money & using all your spare time, on making the forum improvements ... Easier to use and more attractive, exciting, interesting, entertaining for us "lesser mortals"(sorry chomp, it had to be said) :)

This morning, when I was hit with the New Forum Home page, I honestly thought I clicked the wrong button ... First impression? Very impressed ... It's amazing the difference a few bright, colourful (& appropriate) pictures can make.

You continue to do do some Braw Work John, on the Forum, both on front, & behind the scenes :happyyes:

I'm sure I speak for everyone when we again say thanks to yourself & Scott. Thank You Again:chaplin:

Cheers Gedee,

I did think long and hard whether or not to stick would we had before, or opt for a more leaner version. The problem with big updates like this one, is that I have to update all my custom work, and that in this case can take days or even weeks. I am still working right now to fix a lot of issues that this update caused (Broken Custom changes in this case), so there might be a few down times before I am finished (I want to get finished long before the season starts).

Glad you liked the changes and sorry I confused you (and many others), but I have to keep you on your toes ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿคฃ

Cheers again my freeind! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

• Thanks 1
11 hours ago, TheDarkBlues said:

Glad you liked the changes and sorry I confused you (and many others), but I have to keep you on your toes ๐Ÿ˜€

Thanks John, but I am pretty well on my toes, all the time recently ...

Still following to the book, Mary's homemade tablet & toffee recipes ...

Never knew it was possible to burn so many holes in so many pots:chaplin:

Never met the lady, but I get the impression, she is someone special :wub:

& bet when it come to my regular ยฃ5 pocket money, she'd be there :excited:

• Funny 2
  • Administrator

If you do not like the images on the front of the forum and you preferred the original layout, then you can change this very easily.

There are three icon blocks next to the Start New Topic button on the front page. To revert back to the previous layout, click on the Left Hand button of these three and that will revert your theme layout back to the previous version.

image.png

• Administrator

Site update tonight.

I have updated the site theme to fix a lot of issues and go back to a look of a previous theme.

Still much more to do, hopefully get most of this done tomorrow.

Adverts are displaying incorrectly.

The topic Posts area are still not showing correctly or as I wont them too, but at least they are readable right now.

Text should be much more readable now as well.

• Like 2
  • Administrator

We had to reboot the server in order to correct an issue with the site being slow and unresponsive.

Our apologises for the interruption.

• Administrator

The way images work (Those you drag and drop into the editor) has changed.

Only secure images will be allowed now, this means that the image URL which starts with https will be allowed, image URL's which only have http will not be allowed.

This is a security feature upgrade.

• Like 1
  • Administrator

Another bit of information which has just come to light.

Older browsers such as IE 11 (Basically anything before Edge from Microsoft) and older versions of Safari (I think the latest version is 13 now) will not work on this forum any more.

Please update your browser to the latest versions or use another browser if you cannot update your software.

Browser that which will work on here are

• Chrome v72 - 79
  • Firefox v65 - 71
  • Microsoft Edge,
  • Opera 58 - 65,
  • Safari v13

Basically any modern Browser should work on. If you are still using browsers such as IE v11, then you are putting yourself at risk with your security and this article explains why you shouldn't be using it.

If you want the best out of most modern websites, then use Chrome or Firefox as your main browser.

https://www.pcworld.com/article/3213031/best-web-browsers.html

Also, Tor is not allowed on this forum.

• Like 1
  • Administrator

Update

Due to the changes from the previous version, the language strings for the forum are out of date. Because the company who make this software are Americans and thinks the world should spell like them, we had to create a UK version. This UK version needs to be updated now.

So, for the mean time, we will be using the US language version until I can get to updating the UK one.

Sorry about that!

ย 

• Administrator

Sorry guys,

The post buttons are not the way I want them, but they will have to do for now.

Still a few changes to be made, but these should be in the background without any noticeable effects on your browsing.

There is still one major update to come, but that depends when scott has the time to do this. This might require us to reboot the server, which will cause a minute or two of down time and hopefully no more.

• Like 1
  • Administrator

Another update done.

The theme and templates is more or less complete for the forum. Any changes in future will be minor ones, as to correct any issues which may crop up later.

Now on with other things which need fixed. ๐Ÿคฌ

Only an idiot would run a forum these days ๐Ÿ˜‚

ย