The Dark Blues

Questions or Issues You Have With the New Layout.

Rate this question

Question

• Administrator

Please read, important information.

If you have encountered any issues with the forum after the update, please use this topic to report them. This way, I can fix any problems or the issues quickly and promptly and get the site back up and running as you all like. :) 

We have updated yesterday to the latest version of the forum software. The newest update brings a whole load of new features, updates and changes, some you will find good but other might take you sometime to get used too.

Our previous themes were heavily modified, and every small update caused me massive headaches just updating the theme code, never mind the many other applications and plug-in which also needs updated.

Do to the work required to update from previous version to this one, I have decided to make as small changes to the code as possible to make updating easier and smoother in the future.

The area with the topic posts will affect users the most, as this area was heavily customised by us and there will be a lot of changes to take in. This is the area in which was updated the most in the newest version, and would mean ours of work to make it look like previous versions.

I will outline some of the important changes or answer any questions you may have in the posts below.

• Answers 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Posts

Added to my list, will get sorted asap. Thanks for letting me know

Sorted cheers, literally a dawdle.

Maybe I'm dreaming again but the new page seems harder to read, any chance of a slightly larger and darker typeface for us "auldanes"

• Administrator

Still working to iron out the kinks.

As you all may notice, quite a few changes, additions and some things removed. If there is anything missing which you would like reverted back, please left me know.... I might for enough money think about it as well (I don't condone bribes fyi 😂)

If you are looking for the Report and Edit buttons, these have been moved to a pull-down menu. You can find this within your posts (Not everyone else's 🤣), just look for the three dots (kinda like the three seashells things) at the top right of your post and select Report or Edit. The reason why this is all different is due to the changes the forum developers made (Not myself) and this would require a lot of custom work on my behalf and that is something I may think about later down the line.

• Administrator

Just a heads up, all the adverts are messed up as well. I will get around to fixing those as well.

Again, if you come across anything, please feel free to let me know.

John, in the old format when you clicked on a thread that you'd already read it took you automatically to your 'last unread' post. Now it always goes back to the first post in the thread.

Not a huge issue but a slight inconvenience.

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Prince Buster said:

John, in the old format when you clicked on a thread that you'd already read it took you automatically to your 'last unread' post. Now it always goes back to the first post in the thread.

Added to my list, will get sorted asap. Thanks for letting me know :)

• Like 1
  • Administrator

34 minutes ago, Prince Buster said:

Okay, just had a quick look over this and they have made some improvements which means less work for me.

To change links work on the forum, you can now choose from the following:

• Take me to comments I haven't read
  • Take me to the beginning
  • Take me to the latest comment

Top change this behaviour, go to your Account Settings, then Content View Behaviour and select the option you would like.

Easy as pie...

11 minutes ago, TheDarkBlues said:

Okay, just had a quick look over this and they have made some improvements which means less work for me.

To change links work on the forum, you can now choose from the following:

• Take me to comments I haven't read
  • Take me to the beginning
  • Take me to the latest comment

Top change this behaviour, go to your Account Settings, then Content View Behaviour and select the option you would like.

Easy as pie...

Sorted cheers, literally a dawdle.

• Like 1

Not a massive issue but previously when you clicked on a topic it took me to the first unread post. Since the update it appears to take you to the first page and you need to pot shot at various pages until you find where you read up to previously.

Edit just read the comments and can see I can adjust this in the settings.

Edited by Fredeye
  • Like 1
  • Administrator
6 hours ago, Travellingdee said:

Maybe I'm dreaming again but the new page seems harder to read, any chance of a slightly larger and darker typeface for us "auldanes"

I am already going to do that, should be ready by tomorrow.

• Administrator
10 hours ago, Travellingdee said:

Cheers.

Hopefully the new layout is much easier to read now?

Let me know if you are still having issues and I will look further into making the site easier to read.

• Administrator

Due to issues I am having with the Quote buttons bar, I may have to leave this as default which will mean that this area will look different for the time being.

My apologies for this, but this is causing for more problems than I thought these changes would.

• Like 1
  • Administrator
3 hours ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

On. My ipad the forum only fills half the page so commemts are compressed

That could be for two reasons, you are running an older version of Safari (Older IPad) or you need to clear you Safari cache.

If you are running an older IPad that cannot be updated, then you will have to switch to another browser on your IPad.