Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Dave Mackay

Deeboy08

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Far from impressed with this. John Nelms performance is really becoming an issue IMO. Does he actually have any strategy in place whatsoever?

He went with the inexperience of McCann and Gartland which was a huge mistake, he then panicked and lunged for McIntyre (after Keyes had to step in and sack McCann) without doing any due diligence on the fact McIntyre would need Billy Dodds. From that fiasco, and looking increasingly lost, he goes for the easy option of McPake, apparently because he'll be advised by the experienced Jimmy Nicholl, only to then get rid of Nicholl and go back to where he started with a totally inexperienced management team. 

Nelms is a mess. Unless this endless cycle of bad decision making gets arrested (pun intended James) we are never going to improve. 

I suggest this is cost driven, less money than last year, budget cuts all over the club so it's an easy to move a coach up to assistant as he was going to need someone after JN left. 

I'm not a big Nelms fan but not sure all the blame for this coaching reshuffle is all his fault.

11 hours ago, Alexis said:

Far from impressed with this. John Nelms performance is really becoming an issue IMO. Does he actually have any strategy in place whatsoever?

He went with the inexperience of McCann and Gartland which was a huge mistake, he then panicked and lunged for McIntyre (after Keyes had to step in and sack McCann) without doing any due diligence on the fact McIntyre would need Billy Dodds. From that fiasco, and looking increasingly lost, he goes for the easy option of McPake, apparently because he'll be advised by the experienced Jimmy Nicholl, only to then get rid of Nicholl and go back to where he started with a totally inexperienced management team. 

Nelms is a mess. Unless this endless cycle of bad decision making gets arrested (pun intended James) we are never going to improve. 

I think the driving factor behind this appointment is finances as there was no real reason to have punted Nicholl. Coronavirus has probably drained our finances to the same effect as about 50 Neil McCann transfer windows. I’m confident the club is doing everything in its power to be able to finance a team that capable of a promotion push, let alone surviving a pandemic. Let’s not be overly critical this season. 

Living out with what the club could finance got us in deep trouble twice before, so I can't criticize the measures they are taking. I'd rather have a club to support than no club at all.

Doesn't stop me for hoping better times ahead. 

12 hours ago, DeeVinci said:

I suggest this is cost driven, less money than last year, budget cuts all over the club so it's an easy to move a coach up to assistant as he was going to need someone after JN left. 

I'm not a big Nelms fan but not sure all the blame for this coaching reshuffle is all his fault.

What what what.... ! Careful with this open mindedness, we wouldn't want it to catch on. 😉

As has been stated this is cost driven and who knows MacKay could come in with modern coaching ideas that could improve the team, time will tell. We are where we are due to the pandemic, and we have to tighten up on finances. The priority at this time is to keep the club afloat and I think the board are trying all they can to make sure that this will happen. We need the Defiant spirit for the coming season.

Adblock Detected