That Old Rumour

Rate this topic

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

“Hi Charlie, I’m Mickey, now I hear you want a club and I think we’re the right fit. Your old man played for us and obviously were in the Premiership not the fizzy pop league like those poor relations

Full Interview from BBC in the courier - Former Liverpool and Scotland star Charlie Adam has lifted the lid on his transfer talks with Dundee. The 34-year-old – a free agent after leaving En

Charlie on sportsound tonight so worth a listen on bbc sounds. Confirming much of what we have discussed . In summary keen to get a deal done , mentioned being “creative “ and aware of budget at

Posted Images

Can we afford the luxury player sitting in the middle playing passes but contributing little effort when the entire rest of the division will be grafting, closing down and tackling hard? Probably not for me.

Is Charlie Adam going to graft, close down, tackle hard and, most importantly for some Dundee fans, track back? Still thinking probably no.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Prince Buster said:

Can we afford the luxury player sitting in the middle playing passes but contributing little effort when the entire rest of the division will be grafting, closing down and tackling hard? Probably not for me.

Is Charlie Adam going to graft, close down, tackle hard and, most importantly for some Dundee fans, track back? Still thinking probably no.

Don’t think he would be getting forward hence the reason he wouldn’t need to track back...

But with Dorrans already there, does he then push forward...

Want to see Fin get more game time, so if he did sign we would have an overload of midfielders, hopefully wouldn’t stop his progress..

Nothing is dull tho.

He posted a pic on twitter a few weeks back and he is looking very lean and fit. He would destroy this league. 

Apparently been training with Bolton and played a bounce game with them the other day 

Edited by Dundeefc1783
1 hour ago, Dundeefc1783 said:

He posted a pic on twitter a few weeks back and he is looking very lean and fit. He would destroy this league. 

Apparently been training with Bolton and played a bounce game with them the other day 

I look fairly lean and fit. I wouldn't even destroy a custard tart if one was put in front of me.

Are Bolton not out on their arses financially and playing in the fourth tier in England?

1 minute ago, Prince Buster said:

I look fairly lean and fit. I wouldn't even destroy a custard tart if one was put in front of me.

Are Bolton not out on their arses financially and playing in the fourth tier in England?

Pretty sure Bolton have found a new owner and are once again handing oot the cash.

3 hours ago, Mr Sensible said:

Gathering pace again online about a certain Charlie Adam, seems to be something concrete to it this time....

Thoughts?

Where you reading this mate? P&B? 

While I would be excited at such a signing I’d imagine something would have to give ie less game time for Finn, perhaps Byrne will move on as rumoured before?

After making all the youth coaches and Jimmy Nicol redundant, the players taking pay cuts and the fans donating thousands to “keep the club going” then it wouldn’t sit that well with me to be honest as even if he’d be willing to drop his salary demands 10 fold he’d still be by far our highest earner. 

5 minutes ago, dblair said:

Where you reading this mate? P&B? 

While I would be excited at such a signing I’d imagine something would have to give ie less game time for Finn, perhaps Byrne will move on as rumoured before?

After making all the youth coaches and Jimmy Nicol redundant, the players taking pay cuts and the fans donating thousands to “keep the club going” then it wouldn’t sit that well with me to be honest as even if he’d be willing to drop his salary demands 10 fold he’d still be by far our highest earner. 

Was more a guy close to the club, but have read it online aswel...

rumours start easily tho..

I would imagine he’s a very rich guy, similar to Dorrans, it all depend what he wants this season.

Scrapping it out in league 1

or coming somewhere where he will be loved and hopefully helping the club back up....

time will tell

• Like 4

After the cost cutting and enforced redundancies I think it'd be a PR disaster if we brought in Adam on a hefty wage. If he were to come in as a player coach however and he made a gesture to work for his boyhood heroes for free, or expenses, in their hour of need then I think that'd be more palatable and good PR all round. Kinda bored with the Adam thing though.

• Like 5

Rev, Totally agree with all your comment above...But especially you last short sentence however.

Mair than a bit scunnered aboot how this has dragged on & on "Poppin-up" every couple of months

• Like 1

Will Adam make us a better team and more likely to go up, it’s a definite yes imo....

But in no way should he be paid more than anyone else in our dressing room, team spirit and fans backing will be vital more than ever this season....

One way or another just don’t let it drag on and on....

• Like 1

Agree again with above Mr S...It may be the case, that the source of this ongoing saga may have little to do with Adam or DFC,. But I honestly feel it is something we could do without at this time, until it actually happens, or more likely "not".   We are all desperate for some kinda happy, good fitba news, during this bleak, drawn-oot shutdown. But all the focus for the DFC manager & Players & Fans (imo) should be on them. And what they can do this coming season to make it a successful promotional season.

This is no only distracting, it must also be demoralising for the players & staff that are left to run the show...As well as the DFC fans & supporters, who are doing so much.