Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

That Old Rumour

Mr Sensible

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
3 minutes ago, Cobra said:

If he does sign I wonder if we should consider a 4-4-2 diamond formation so we can play 4 central midfielders. Push Gowser into the number 10 position and play Adam and Dorrans alongside Robertson, Byrne or Ness.

Funnily enough was thinking the exact same thing.

As always, if he does join then we will out aside the niggling doubts and focus on the positive - hopefully.

I get it that on the face of it, it's hard to justify increasing the wage bill by any significant amount but we all know that's not how it works - there are different pots for different things just like any business. Maybe a benefactor is willing to help pay a big name player but not a coach? 

Let's see how the weekend pans out.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Cobra said:

If he does sign I wonder if we should consider a 4-4-2 diamond formation so we can play 4 central midfielders. Push Gowser into the number 10 position and play Adam and Dorrans alongside Robertson, Byrne or Ness.

That's ok if your full backs are Trent Alexander and Robertson not sure ours are good enough of providing the width and defencive cover.

Pretty sure we'll go 352 and a midfield 3 of Dorrans Adam and Robertson sounds good to me.

Edited by nemsadzDEE
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, nemsadzDEE said:

That's ok if your full backs are Trent Alexander and Robertson not sure ours are good enough of providing the width and defencive cover.

Pretty sure we'll go 352 and a midfield 3 of Dorrans Adam and Robertson sounds good to me.

This. He will become our “quarter back” so I don’t think with the other options we have in midfield that we’ll go 442. Adam holding with Dorrans + Byrne/Robertson infront with mcdaid left and Elliot right. Gowser in behind one of the new strikers or both up top together perhaps. 

edit to add. That midfield 3 of dorrans adam and Robertson has to be as good as anything hearts can field! DDYB! 💪🏻

Edited by dblair
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, nemsadzDEE said:

I'm pretty sure McGowan will be a starter this season. The team needs his energy, commitment, desire and key contributions.

6 minutes ago, Cobra said:

I'm pretty sure McGowan will be a starter this season. The team needs his energy, commitment, desire and key contributions.

I see him as  more of a squad player with this being Fin's proper breakthrough season. 

He still has a lot to offer and can also play just off a striker so will definitely have an important part to play. 

• Like 2

Adblock Detected