The Dark Blues

Gordon McLeod

Rate this topic

Greetings, does anyone remember this player who was at Dundee FC in the early nineties? Was he able to play as a defensive midfielder?

• Like 1
  • Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

With 2 straws I assume Rev?

Greetings, does anyone remember this player who was at Dundee FC in the early nineties? Was he able to play as a defensive midfielder?

Ah, sorry Rev. I did read your post but for some reason it didn’t register. Old age I suppose. 😐

Can't remember but he was one of the many players who played for both Dundee clubs. He was a midfielder.

Joined us in 1989 and played 4 seasons (66 games). He wore number 11 but I don't recall him being a winger - more an "inventive midfielder" as described in Norrie Price's Up Wi The Bonnets. He was signed from Airdrie for £70k and had been captain of Scotland's u21s. Biggest success at Dens was probably winning the Centenary Cup in 1990.

He was injured when we signed him, I remember him doing laps around dens to get his fitness up (way before the dog track), Remember watching him as we cleaned the boots after training doing lap after lap 

Central midfielder Gordon came through the ranks at Utd at the same time as winger Joe McLeod. Nicknamed 'Poodle' due to his curly hair he was signed by Gordon Wallace for Dundee after a short spell at Airdrie. He's good mates with Keith Wright and I actually bought the 2 of them a pint, lager shandy if I mind right, at a family doo at Dens a few years ago.😁

1 hour ago, Double Blue said:

Joined us in 1989 and played 4 seasons (66 games). He wore number 11 but I don't recall him being a winger - more an "inventive midfielder" as described in Norrie Price's Up Wi The Bonnets. He was signed from Airdrie for £70k and had been captain of Scotland's u21s. Biggest success at Dens was probably winning the Centenary Cup in 1990.

Did him and his brother or cousin not both play for the DABS at the same time?

1 minute ago, Dandy McLean said:

Did him and his brother or cousin not both play for the DABS at the same time?

As I posted above he came through the ranks at Utd with the unrelated Joe McLeod.

4 hours ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

As I posted above he came through the ranks at Utd with the unrelated Joe McLeod.

Ah, sorry Rev. I did read your post but for some reason it didn’t register. Old age I suppose. 😐

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

He's good mates with Keith Wright and I actually bought the 2 of them a pint, lager shandy if I mind right, at a family doo at Dens a few years ago.😁

With 2 straws I assume Rev?

• Funny 2