Streaming of betfred games

Rate this topic

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You can currently watch games live as long as you are outside the UK. I think the changes will allow teams to stream within the UK without the need of a VPN etc.

See the SPFL have agreed to let clubs stream all their betfred group games as long as there not on premier sports,  nice wee cash boost if priced properly. 

Probably more to do with clubs being able to take players off furlough without the TV money available in the Premiership. 

4 hours ago, tommy the tap in king said:

See the SPFL have agreed to let clubs stream all their betfred group games as long as there not on premier sports,  nice wee cash boost if priced properly. 

Wonder if Brora would let us stream their game, unless they actually have their own streaming platform.

34 minutes ago, Wattie Rojas said:

It would be nice to think some fans may be allowed in by then but the virus may make this unlikely.

We seem to be having more 'set backs', that's not gonna make attending games more likely. 😔

• Sad 1
  • Administrator
1 hour ago, Cobra said:

I thought we could stream all our games already, no?

You can currently watch games live as long as you are outside the UK.

I think the changes will allow teams to stream within the UK without the need of a VPN etc.

• Like 3

I'm pretty sure the fans will be back in October. 2,500 fans watched the Brighton v Chelsea friendly last weekend and that was considered a success. Arsenal are preparing for fans at their game on October 3rd.

I know we have different rules north of the border but the Scottish government cannot indefinitely put a block on crowds when the English are getting things as back to normal as possible.

7 hours ago, surreydee said:

If fans are not allowed back in october what was the f*cking point of delaying the start of the season to October. 

Wasn't it because smaller clubs wouldn't have the resources to manage testing etc?

• Administrator
15 hours ago, surreydee said:

If fans are not allowed back in october what was the f*cking point of delaying the start of the season to October. 

This is something which I have never understood myself. It is okay for the Premiership to start but not the rest of the leagues? I don't see the logic to this myself.

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, TheDarkBlues said:

This is something which I have never understood myself. It is okay for the Premiership to start but not the rest of the leagues? I don't see the logic to this myself.

There's maybe no logic involved John.

Just another reminder of our place in Scottish Football.

(Pretty far down near the bottom of the Totem Pole) :sadno:

2 hours ago, TheDarkBlues said:

Probably more to do with clubs being able to take players off furlough without the TV money available in the Premiership. 

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, an-dee said:

This. Over 9 weeks, a club like ourselves will comfortably be spending over £100k on wages to staff on various levels. I think the execs at our level will have been fairly desperate to use the job retention scheme as long as possible. That's before considering all the other embedded COVID costs (testing etc) which, going by what some have said, would probably double that.

Top flight will be draining money as well but they bring in pretty much all of the prize money for four divisions in terms of sponsorship and TV deals. They are probably still a fair bit worse off (streaming games is nowhere near gate revenue) and draining cash but alternative may have caused more long term damage.

• Like 2
  • Administrator
1 minute ago, Gedee said:

There's maybe no logic involved John.

Just another reminder of our place in Scottish Football.

(Pretty far down near the bottom of the Totem Pole) :sadno:

Doesn't help when we are run by clowns!

• Administrator
4 hours ago, harry94 said:

This. Over 9 weeks, a club like ourselves will comfortably be spending over £100k on wages to staff on various levels. I think the execs at our level will have been fairly desperate to use the job retention scheme as long as possible. That's before considering all the other embedded COVID costs (testing etc) which, going by what some have said, would probably double that.

Top flight will be draining money as well but they bring in pretty much all of the prize money for four divisions in terms of sponsorship and TV deals. They are probably still a fair bit worse off (streaming games is nowhere near gate revenue) and draining cash but alternative may have caused more long term damage.

What is the point of having an organisation like the SPFL, when they are really required to step up and put their hands in their pockets and support the clubs in the lower leagues. They should have covered the costs and helped them by getting back to playing in the hope that the restrictions would have been lifted sooner than later.

Also, a lot of clubs could have been earning cash through live streaming of the games. To me, the SPFL have done as little as possible to help clubs in need due to Covid. In fact, I would go out and say they have caused more problems and this whole promotion/relegation fiasco was caused by their incompetence right from the start.

Many other nations managed to get it more right than wrong, why couldn't we?