Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Fans back into Dens.

Wattie Rojas

8 hours ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Whilst I agree with a pretty much everything you have just said, the comment I've highlighted kind of makes it a bit disingenuous.

I'm not ashamed to admit that I've become a good bit worse off this past few months and, being a supporter who has been a season ticket holder for many years through the 'pay-up' scheme I wasn't in a position to put money aside, never mind to have "the foresight" to do so.

Just because some fans had the finances to purchase a season ticket at all, never mind early, doesn't and shouldn't give them a fast-pass to the limited tickets available for the coming season. Many PATG supporters do so as they can't afford to pay for a season's worth of games in one lump sum, doesn't make them any less of a supporter than a ST holder.

Totally get that, where do you draw the line though?. If it's to come down to who can afford what then everyone should be given the opportunity of attending games.

For what it's worth I'm not financially well off, there were plenty of sacrifices made to put me and my family in a position where we had something put aside and the foresight to squirrel something away came from an impending job loss and nothing new on the horizon. A new job (on less than the living wage) gave us the opportunity to help the club when they needed cash. That still involved personal sacrifices. I'm not going to feel guilty for putting the clubs need before our own.

• Like 2

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
8 hours ago, Mr Sensible said:

What about the guys that have bought season tickets early, but pay up in instalments...

Would they get priority over a fan that has paid up in full but bought say a day later?

Just with you saying club needs cash ASAP.

I believe that the club still gets the cash from the finance company, anyway it's all it's and buts. If people want to argue then that's up to them mate. First come first served seems the best option so far to me.

8 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

I believe that the club still gets the cash from the finance company, anyway it's all it's and buts. If people want to argue then that's up to them mate. First come first served seems the best option so far to me.

No I can sympathise with both sides of the argument, it’s a tricky one...

I'm hoping we see a bit more soon in terms of what the club are investing in to get us back up and running.

Realistically, we can't be having queues in shops etc. As much as reasonably possible, everything is going to have to go digital. Even things like the exchange of paper from the physical tickets needs to stop.

18 hours ago, harry94 said:

There is no suggestion of an x% cap based on seating. The Murrayfield event is an initial test pilot, trialing a very low number of spectators with the view to generating data and getting information to best inform guidelines on outdoor sports. This will be be followed by others, in the coming weeks, of increased spectators (assuming regional conditions allow) in a couple of stages.

I agree there is no suggestion of an x% cap, but what does a 1% test prove. If other tests are being run in the coming weeks what do you expect to be the outcome. Plan A they insist that the only way that football crowds can be handled is with 2m separation and face coverings to be worn only during arrival and departure. singing and shouting to be permitted.

How many ST holders can Dens cope with using 2m separation? what about PATG supporters.

Plan B no fans allowed, or so few fans allowed that the whole concept has to go virtual and streaming of games will be the norm. might work for the SPL but who is doing anything for our division and the lower divisions.

We need to get clear guidance and work to get all our ST holders in our ground.

17 minutes ago, Wattie Rojas said:

The fairest way is a ballot. If you are drawn for game 1 then you can't be drawn until every season ticket holder has had a chance to attend. 

If you can't attend your ticket goes to someone else and you go back in the draw.

Families should be allowed a bubble so they can take the kids.

Spot on Wattie, common sense rules!

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Wattie Rojas said:

The fairest way is a ballot. If you are drawn for game 1 then you can't be drawn until every season ticket holder has had a chance to attend. 

If you can't attend your ticket goes to someone else and you go back in the draw.

Families should be allowed a bubble so they can take the kids.

Superficially that seems more egalitarian but it could get messy if some aren't going so not putting their name forward etc. It just seems complex, who's supposed to administer this ballot system ??

15 minutes ago, BCram said:

I agree there is no suggestion of an x% cap, but what does a 1% test prove. If other tests are being run in the coming weeks what do you expect to be the outcome. Plan A they insist that the only way that football crowds can be handled is with 2m separation and face coverings to be worn only during arrival and departure. singing and shouting to be permitted.

How many ST holders can Dens cope with using 2m separation? what about PATG supporters.

Plan B no fans allowed, or so few fans allowed that the whole concept has to go virtual and streaming of games will be the norm. might work for the SPL but who is doing anything for our division and the lower divisions.

We need to get clear guidance and work to get all our ST holders in our ground.

This is the exact point, to allow some human intelligence into the process and create clear guidance for our stad director to follow.

At Dens, we have spectators arriving at the ground over a 45 minute period coming from various directions. The four stands all have distinct differing features. At exit, everybody comes out onto the streets and again cross paths. The entrance process involves transferring a bit of paper or going to the club shop.

If, for example, you are adding new checks when entering the ground (sending someone around in PPE to scan internal temp readings), you add time onto that process. Everyone waits 2m apart to get in, does this require temp barriers to be erected or is it sufficient to assume the length of the road will allow enough crowd in? Do we instruct people to arrive at allotted times (or does this cause more issues?)?

You can have a long list of questions for pretty much every part of the matchday process.

The trial event is an opportunity to just try a rough set of protocols in place and then scale up. The small no makes it easier to manage for the monitoring team and and also makes sure they won't run into any issues on the day that don't have a fallback. Above all, it's a scientific study.

If the underlying steps aren't taken to fundamentally visit the whole process from scratch, there will always be an underlying question about how football operates and spectators will be the first to go at any regional flare up.

• Like 1
  • Star Post 1

45 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

Superficially that seems more egalitarian but it could get messy if some aren't going so not putting their name forward etc. It just seems complex, who's supposed to administer this ballot system ??

Alternatively they could have the first 1000 season ticket buyers for game 1 then next 1000 game 2 etc. This would actually make things much easier.

• Like 1

Adblock Detected