The Dark Blues

Ex-Players positions

Rate this topic

Hello, can you confirm if these positions of these former dundee players would be correct?

Stewart Forsyth - Right Back

Jim Smith - Central Defender

Jim Duffy - Central Defender

Tosh McKinlay - Left Back

Rab Shannon - Right Back, Right Midfield?? or Defensive Midfield??

• Like 1
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Looks good to me. Shannon could play all positions you mentioned for him. Duffy could also play sweeper.

https://dundeefc.co.uk/news/played-dundee-bolton-wanderers-colin-hendry/

Hello, can you confirm if these positions of these former dundee players would be correct? Stewart Forsyth - Right Back Jim Smith - Central Defender Jim Duffy - Central Defender To

7 minutes ago, J.M. said:

Hello, can you confirm if these positions of these former dundee players would be correct?

Looks good to me. Shannon could play all positions you mentioned for him. Duffy could also play sweeper.

• Like 2
12 hours ago, Cerulean said:

Thanks Cerulean,

17 hours ago, J.M. said:

Forsyth could play as a central defender and I think Shannon could cover left back.

• Like 1

John Brown - Could this player be considered a box to box midfielder who could play as a left midfielder and who was signed as a left back?
Stuart Rafferty - Box to box midfielder?
Ian Angus- Mainly left midfielder, but could also play as a central midfielder?

Before we signed him, John Brown had played mainly at left back for Hamilton but I think he was signed to play in midfield; His appearances at left back were very rare; I recall him filling in there not long before he left but Tosh McKinlay had that position nailed down during John Brown's time at Dens. For me, he was more of an attacking than box to box midfielder - one of the best I've seen playing for us.

Rafferty and Angus were pretty much as you have them.

• Like 1

A curious case is that of Vince Mennie, born in Dortmund, West Germany, to a Scottish father and considered the first Scottish player to play in the bundesliga, he did it with FC Köln, I think he played as an attacking central midfielder, and I think that his performance in Dundee was not as expected.

three players who left good memories in Dundee were the forwards, Tommy Coyne, Keith Wright and Iain Ferguson, I suppose these players always played as center forwards.

2 hours ago, J.M. said:

three players who left good memories in Dundee were the forwards, Tommy Coyne, Keith Wright and Iain Ferguson, I suppose these players always played as center forwards.

Keith Wright often played coming off the left.

• Like 1
38 minutes ago, J.M. said:

Thank You Reverend,

with Ross Jack, Graham Harvey and Ray Stephen we would be at the same case as the players mentioned above, right?

Ray Stephen I think played quite deep at times, almost as an attacking midfielder. Jack was a centre forward and Harvey was a striker who liked to play (and very well) with his back to goal.

• Like 1
On 07/09/2020 at 17:20, Darkblue64 said:

Bit of an understatement!!

The hype at the time was German legend Carl-Heinz Rummeniga was playing the same position and keeping him out of the Koln team. 😳

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Dandy McLean said:

The hype at the time was German legend Carl-Heinz Rummeniga was playing the same position and keeping him out of the Koln team. 😳

Well, it was an hype, yes, because "Kalle" Rummenigge never played for FC Köln, although it is possible that...🤭...when in 1984 Rummenigge was sold for a record fee of € 5.7m to Internazionale Milano, FC Köln didn't bid because they had a young man named Vincent Mennie...🤭

Thanks Reverend , could you confirm the positions of George McGeachie and Bobby Glennie, at the moment, I searched in the web and find them in the following ways:

George McGeachie - Central defender (possibly Sweeper) and Midfielder (I guess defensive).
Bobby Glennie - Central Defender and Right Back.

Edited by J.M.