The Dark Blues

2 hours ago, Prince Buster said:

Are they not quite a young (generally) and inexperienced squad though? Also still looks a bit short on numbers to me.

My mate extols the fact that Dunfermline have a young, fit and pacey squad; but that's all he seems to see and thinks it's the be all and end all - we've been there, exciting but not always effective. Whilst it looks like we'll be much more experienced and possibly that bit slower.

Personally I see benefits in both 'styles' and can see our midfield being too classy in possession for most sides; however I can also see the likes of Ashcroft, Kerr and Forster struggling against genuine pace whilst McGowan will either drop out of the game or let it pass him by when pace kicks in - obviously not sure yet how Charlie will get on in that respect.

From our perspective and in my opinion if we bring in a keeper and another striker we'll be in with a shout at finishing at least second; as it stands I can see us scoring enough goals but conceding too many - we need to be scoring too many goals and not conceding so easily.

They are youngish but not overly so, a few experienced guys in there and the bulk are mid-late 20s in their prime.

I think that second point will kill them rough re depth, in addition to what could turn out to be a weak centre midfield.

In all honesty, I could see Inverness have another good season. We forget about them  as their squad seems unspectacular but in terms of the balance in the sorts of players we have, it's almost perfect. Nearly two players available in every position with different styles.

I'm optimistic after Adam but nervous that it can go very wrong if McPake tries to put everyone together in narrow formations and no natural striker focal point (Jakubiak and Mullen are similar players and more no 10s in their past). An injury to McDaid and width becomes a problem and requires sacrifices elsewhere to resolve.

• Like 2
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tbh I'm quite impressed with who they've brought in this season, and that was before becoming Deutschified. No massive names but a bunch who I think will be shrewd and do big things for them next seas

"Brandon Barker and Ryan Jack both limped off in the first half for Steven Gerrard’s men while substitute Alfredo Morelos had to be stretchered off after a bad challenge from Ryan Edwards." Sound

No worries. My Gers loving mate came around and we both watched the game on his account (He is a season ticket holder) and I only agreed to watch it as long as the Arabs got pumped....... We both

I'm choosing to believe this is the year Inverness slump. Great manager and the squad that remains is quite high quality, but I feel they've lost too much depth that they haven't covered well enough to maintain the form they had last season. 4th or 5th in my estimation, depends on if Ayr continue their positive form (which I also see slumping under Mark Kerr).