Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Friendlies for This Season

TheDarkBlues

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
38 minutes ago, TheDarkBlues said:

Will there be any this year with Covid?

And, if we do, I bet that our first one will be against Arbroath.

Would be good to get Palace up here for a Friendly!

Dave MacKay mentioned friendlies, main thing is we will not get in so a game against anyone is good for the team.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

Dave MacKay mentioned friendlies, main thing is we will not get in so a game against anyone is good for the team.

Hopefully there will be some streaming of friendly games.

Due to the shortened season, we need to start the season running and while friendlies don't always reflect the real result.... we need to be beating teams in these friendlies for confidence building.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, TheDarkBlues said:

Hopefully there will be some streaming of friendly games.

Due to the shortened season, we need to start the season running and while friendlies don't always reflect the real result.... we need to be beating teams in these friendlies for confidence building.

I'm liking the idea of closed doors friendlies to be honest, as long as the results aren't leaked. Friendlies create unrealistic expectations or feelings of impending doom. I'd go if we were allowed in but I'd much prefer we prepared for the new season in private. Most people are aware that friendlies are all about fitness and experimentation but there's still those that see handsome wins and top performances as paramount.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

I'm liking the idea of closed doors friendlies to be honest, as long as the results aren't leaked. Friendlies create unrealistic expectations or feelings of impending doom. I'd go if we were allowed in but I'd much prefer we prepared for the new season in private. Most people are aware that friendlies are all about fitness and experimentation but there's still those that see handsome wins and top performances as paramount.

I have said this all along, friendlies in terms of the score mean nothing. Look at the season we beat Man City 2 - 0, a lot of our support thought we were going to win the league and Europe with that side.

I like a pre saeson friendly

Sitting at Dens in the sunshine, the buzz of that first game of the season, seeing old faces again, new players, new strips, admiring the pitch and how it's cut, watching the players warming up, looking forward to kick off, that feeling you get when the ref blows the whistle and The Dee are playing again.

It's like being a kid on Christmas Eve.......can you tell I'm missing the football  :D

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Harold Finch said:

I like a pre saeson friendly

Sitting at Dens in the sunshine, the buzz of that first game of the season, seeing old faces again, new players, new strips, admiring the pitch and how it's cut, watching the players warming up, looking forward to kick off, that feeling you get when the ref blows the whistle and The Dee are playing again.

It's like being a kid on Christmas Eve.......can you tell I'm missing the football  :D

Just like most of us feel  love it 

• 2 weeks later...

Adblock Detected