Jump to content

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

A Good Read


dblair

Recommended Posts

Nah not this post, but thought I’d start a wee “book topic”

Used to read a lot but nowadays find it harder and harder to find the time. Went through a spell of easy reading more recently with Lee Child’s Reacher series a firm favourite along with the Rebus collection by Ian Rankin. 
 

Thought it would be a decent way to suggest books like we seem to do with Netflix programs so frequently! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
1 hour ago, dblair said:

Nah not this post, but thought I’d start a wee “book topic”

Used to read a lot but nowadays find it harder and harder to find the time. Went through a spell of easy reading more recently with Lee Child’s Reacher series a firm favourite along with the Rebus collection by Ian Rankin. 
 

Thought it would be a decent way to suggest books like we seem to do with Netflix programs so frequently! 

I'm too lazy to read books, so I get Alexa to read them for me. 😇

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, dblair said:

Nah not this post, but thought I’d start a wee “book topic”

Used to read a lot but nowadays find it harder and harder to find the time. Went through a spell of easy reading more recently with Lee Child’s Reacher series a firm favourite along with the Rebus collection by Ian Rankin. 
 

Thought it would be a decent way to suggest books like we seem to do with Netflix programs so frequently! 

The first book I read which I couldn't put down was Misery by Stephen King. King brought that to live page by page, and when the film came out I thought they did a great job. I thought Kathy Bates got her right down to a tee (From what I had in my head anyway).

However there was one point where the Film went off from the book (Just a couple of minutes) and it was like a huge let down. But still, pretty bang on to the book though (Which is a change).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, dblair said:

Nah not this post, but thought I’d start a wee “book topic”

Used to read a lot but nowadays find it harder and harder to find the time. Went through a spell of easy reading more recently with Lee Child’s Reacher series a firm favourite along with the Rebus collection by Ian Rankin. 
 

Thought it would be a decent way to suggest books like we seem to do with Netflix programs so frequently! 

Good idea dblair for a topic ... Especially for those like myself who enjoy reading books

The Reacher & Rebus series, always appeal (As you say they are no' too heavy, but they roll along fine)

For anyone who can handle Big Books, I've just finished reading the book "I Am Pilgrim" by Terry Hayes (900+pages)...

Described by The Guardian as, "The only Thriller you need to read this Year" And I'd agree. Great Read.

I bought it & a few other great books at Doctor Surgery: £1 each. (They've got better stuff than Library)

 (Mind, whatever outcome of Charie Adam Saga, a book about this could easily take 1000 pages):chaplin:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

One of my fave books, had to buy another copy as I lent it to someone and didn't get it back.

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00NBIXN66/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Basically a biography of a fictional character, Long John Silver, well written although he did have a 'busy' life.

That was a good idea chomp,  putting in the Amazon link (Just reading the reviews in that section has got me excited) Doesn't necessarily mean I'll be ordering it straight away ... Well at least, not until I've checked oot their "Readers Section" in the Reception Area.

They say,  the Section is to help fund high running costs, of their New Ultra Modern Surgery.

I think it is more likely that it is there as distraction/or cover for their general incompetence.

When eh go there  for my acute aches & pains, insomnia etc, he asks me to drap my breeks.

Has a searching stare up my bum...Then I come oot again wi another tub o' pile cream:chaplin:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Gedee said:

That was a good idea chomp,  putting in the Amazon link (Just reading the reviews in that section has got me excited) Doesn't necessarily mean I'll be ordering it straight away ... Well at least, not until I've checked oot their "Readers Section" in the Reception Area.

They say,  the Section is to help fund high running costs, of their New Ultra Modern Surgery.

I think it is more likely that it is there as distraction/or cover for their general incompetence.

When eh go there  for my acute aches & pains, insomnia etc, he asks me to drap my breeks.

Has a searching stare up my bum...Then I come oot again wi another tub o' pile cream:chaplin:

Its annoying when you go in with a sore elbow eh ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, chomp my root said:

Its annoying when you go in with a sore elbow eh ?

I did one time freend ...

And he just told me, that I must have picked up his advice on "More Exercise" the wrong way.

He strapped up my wrist, made me up a sling, adding..."I'll check yir Bum while you're here:ph34r:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Neil Cameron said:

Any books Dundee F.C. related are great reads Amongst those that I have read and enjoyed are  In Search of  Allan Gilzean by James Morgan and Peter Caproni’s  - We Must be Mad  and Diary of a Dee.

This arrived today.

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/1845357868/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

51v060VnVBL._SX323_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

I find football books hit and miss, but I'm looking forward to this.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
×
×
  • Create New...