Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Note To the Courier and Telegraph

TheDarkBlues

• 7 months later...

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
On 04/05/2021 at 10:29, BCram said:

Look at the statistics for these News threads. I think they are poor and wonder if they really serve any purpose? How about just posting them in the normal Dundee section and see what happens?

Sometimes there are 4-5 per day including the odd dayglo article plus big rab, chopper Wilkies take on all things football. Also most articles are duplicated from courier to Tully. It would end up in far too many new threads. 

Edited by dblair

8 hours ago, dblair said:

Sometimes there are 4-5 per day including the odd dayglo article plus big rab, chopper Wilkies take on all things football. Also most articles are duplicated from courier to Tully. It would end up in far too many new threads. 

Very fair point. I agree that keeping them in a separate section fixes this problem. The point that I had been hoping to make was that if you look at the number of views, they are very few so what is the point of having the section. when you look at the number of posts there are even fewer.

I posted a new thread about this DCT article and used a very negative post in the hope that it might prove that taking the topic into the main DFC section would generate more posts and more comment. I got a genuinely funny post from PB and a single like and disappointingly for me no discussion about the topic.

Maybe my deliberately provocative post was seen for what it was and ignored, or perhaps people don't get fed up reading our players comments in the local press. They very often seem to me to be optimistic, to excess.

Just to add my post had 400views, the original "News Section" post had 17 and at least 3 of these were from me checking to see if there was any interest in the topic.

I did wonder if the glowing second part of the article about our neighbours had to be included in the report but I didn't raise it because talking about them is not allowed?

• 10 months later...
3 hours ago, BigG said:

I still can’t get my head around the fact the “Evening Tele” comes out in the morning with the same articles as the courier. 

I subscribed to the Tully on line , but unsubscribed after the first month , it got it before 10am every morning, I wanted it around 4pm with that days news , when basically it was full of yesterdays news  not good enough 

15 hours ago, Notso said:

I subscribed to the Tully on line , but unsubscribed after the first month , it got it before 10am every morning, I wanted it around 4pm with that days news , when basically it was full of yesterdays news  not good enough 

To be fair, it's hard for them to know what's going to happen after it's printed! 😋

3 hours ago, Notso said:

Yes but they should make the on line Tully at the same time as they print the late extra 

📰  🗞 

I dont think there is a late Extra now.

Only the Courier and the Tele-both out in the morning 

Adblock Detected