The Dark Blues

1893 Foundation

Rate this topic

Just over 2 months of the foundation and we currently have 554 members donating over 100k per annum. A fantastic start for the Foundation but something we need to maintain and build upon

I’m interested in any feedback from members - can post here or email [email protected]

Also really interested to hear from fans that haven’t joined. Is there anything you would like to see from the foundation? What would entice you to join? 

understand some people will not be in the financial position to contribute, especially in the current circumstances

• Like 3
  • Star Post 2
  • Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just over 2 months of the foundation and we currently have 554 members donating over 100k per annum. A fantastic start for the Foundation but something we need to maintain and build upon I’m inte

A couple of ideas, they may be non starters but I thought I would put them out there A tour of Dens, manager's office, changing rooms, boardroom, directors box, a few stories about Dens, a chance

I could just imagine the players trying to relax on the bus before a big match and one of us running about wi a stiffy asking for selfies......... maybe not you old boys though.😁

Fantastic news. Thanks to you and others who've donated their time this year to turn ideas into money for our club.

I wonder if there are Dees willing and able to contribute who simply haven't been reached. Could we take a bit of that income generated to advertise in DCT? I'm sure the club would be willing to give a full page ad in the programmes.

Maybe @TheDarkBlues could consider a front page link to the foundation on this website.

Maybe the club could send an email/letter to every Dee in their database stressing the importance of this initiative to DFC.

• Like 3
11 minutes ago, Cobra said:

Fantastic news. Thanks to you and others who've donated their time this year to turn ideas into money for our club.

I wonder if there are Dees willing and able to contribute who simply haven't been reached. Could we take a bit of that income generated to advertise in DCT? I'm sure the club would be willing to give a full page ad in the programmes.

Maybe @TheDarkBlues could consider a front page link to the foundation on this website.

Maybe the club could send an email/letter to every Dee in their database stressing the importance of this initiative to DFC.

DCT covered it very well and an email has been sent. In saying that I would love us to reach 1000 out of our 5000 home attendees. A player could be asked to be an Ambassador and front a video, ad or another email? With no payg money coming 8n we will need the Foundation more than ever!

• Like 3
17 minutes ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

DCT covered it very well and an email has been sent. In saying that I would love us to reach 1000 out of our 5000 home attendees. A player could be asked to be an Ambassador and front a video, ad or another email? With no payg money coming 8n we will need the Foundation more than ever!

The Foundation is politically neutral and a 100% positive initiative that has the full backing of the club. Therefore you'd think there must be around 2,000 Dees capable of giving at least a tenner a month.

Years ago I paid a tenner a month to be a club member of Spurs when I lived down south. I wonder if the club could do more to endorse the Foundation. I think we need to try and make it the standard thing for a Dee to do. Whether you can afford a season ticket or not you are a club member and that binds you to DFC regardless of where you live.

We don't want folk to contribute if they have financial concerns but hopefully there is a couple of thousand Dees with a bit extra to spare at the end of the month. Maybe this thread can help us figure out what is needed to get more involved.

• Star Post 1

A couple of ideas, they may be non starters but I thought I would put them out there

A tour of Dens, manager's office, changing rooms, boardroom, directors box, a few stories about Dens, a chance for a photo in each area, tour finished off watching the 50 goals vs United DVD. This could be sold at a cost to non members

A Club 1893 turnstyle open in each part of the ground 

An area at the food stalls to pre order and pay for your half time snack before the game so you can quickly collect it at half time. I don't understand why this doesn't already happen for everybody, there would be less chance of them running out of pies or serving cold food if they had an idea before the game how many they were needing.

Making matchday a little easier might tempt a few more to commit to £10 a month

• Like 5

I wonder if it could be presented as a Christmas present in the club shop. A credit card style DFC membership card like the one below that folk can carry in their wallet would be quite appealing. Maybe it could give a 10% discount in the shop. Some perks would be pretty cool. I like the tour of the ground idea that Harold suggested. There must be stuff the club can do that would cost not much but fans would love. Maybe free hopso could be given away once a month to a member or a year's entry to the draw. The more the club gives the more it gets back.

New Stadium Details And Discussions | Page 2171 | Spurscommunity

• Like 1
56 minutes ago, Harold Finch said:

A couple of ideas, they may be non starters but I thought I would put them out there

A tour of Dens, manager's office, changing rooms, boardroom, directors box, a few stories about Dens, a chance for a photo in each area, tour finished off watching the 50 goals vs United DVD. This could be sold at a cost to non members

An area at the food stalls to pre order and pay for your half time snack before the game so you can quickly collect it at half time. I don't understand why this doesn't already happen for everybody, there would be less chance of them running out of pies or serving cold food if they had an idea before the game how many they were needing.

An 1893 app? Could cover food etc or are we getting ahead of ourselves?

• Like 1
57 minutes ago, Harold Finch said:

An away trip on the team bus would be a great draw prize and at no expense to the club

We need to bear in mind that the guys are already volunteering their time and energy to make this happen. We could don't want to burden them with stuff that fills their week. Ideally we would pay someone to run it but that's tricky to arrange.

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Cobra said:

We need to bear in mind that the guys are already volunteering their time and energy to make this happen. We could don't want to burden them with stuff that fills their week. Ideally we would pay someone to run it but that's tricky to arrange.

Maybe the club marketing dept can contribute, it is in their interest.

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

An away trip on the team bus would be a great draw prize and at no expense to the club

I could just imagine the players trying to relax on the bus before a big match and one of us running about wi a stiffy asking for selfies......... maybe not you old boys though.😁

• Funny 5
1 minute ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

Some of us would struggle with the running about!

• Funny 5
14 hours ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

Some of us would struggle with the running about!

Billy, you could aye tak a hud o' Rev's Stiffy ... So ye didnaee feel totally out of it :jawdrop:

• Funny 2