Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

The Tully

17 hours ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

I was at the Rocky in the 80's and a paper boy at Sandy's too.

I was one in the seventies. At that time loads  of guys came up to pick up  bags of teles from The grand old High School of Kirkton. Then hopefully  get a freezer on the 1B and up into God's country to deliver them.

edit to add. On the bus for nothing, not an Indesit.

• Funny 3

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
1 hour ago, Parcbara said:

I was one in the seventies. At that time loads  of guys came up to pick up  bags of teles from The grand old High School of Kirkton. Then hopefully  get a freezer on the 1B and up into God's country to deliver them.

edit to add. On the bus for nothing, not an Indesit.

The Ardler multis were a good round, lift to the top and run doon all the stairs. No rain, wind or hail.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

The Ardler multis were a good round, lift to the top and run doon all the stairs. No rain, wind or hail.

I was in the Ardler multis - Wentworth.  We got our Tele's/Sunday Post and Mail/Shoot and Jackie magazines from Sandys.  Who knows, maybe the Rev was our paper boy!

5 hours ago, HK Blues said:

I was in the Ardler multis - Wentworth.  We got our Tele's/Sunday Post and Mail/Shoot and Jackie magazines from Sandys.  Who knows, maybe the Rev was our paper boy!

Hope naebody in your household had a "hairy hand" (re-Rev's post above) ... It all sounds scary to me :jawdrop:

• Funny 1

6 hours ago, HK Blues said:

I was the Spare Laddie as it was called, the guy who did anyones round who was sick or on holiday.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, HK Blues said:

That's a new one on me  - we were in the 6th block so not guilty! 

This is starting to play on my mind HK ... I wonder if ye'd mind sending in a photie o' yir hands?

I realise it widnae be the conclusive proof required, but it might help me sleep easier at night:chaplin:

• Funny 2

25 minutes ago, Gedee said:

This is starting to play on my mind HK ... I wonder if ye'd mind sending in a photie o' yir hands?

I realise it widnae be the conclusive proof required, but it might help me sleep easier at night:chaplin:

As handsome as my hands are, Gedee, I very much doubt they'll cure your insomnia.   

• Funny 1

11 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

The hairy hand in the multis was something we spoke about as bairns.

You've sparked my curiousity & memory here Rev ...

Was it similar to the so called "White Lady" the Ghost who used to haunt the Big, Closed Down, Decrepit, Jute Mill off the Blackness Road. I'd expect you'd be far too young to remember. 

But the story was as such: that one one young Lassie was s working there when it was up & running. And got dragged into the machinery when her long hair become untied/loose, and she was dragged screaming (no surprisingly )to her death ... And again (not surprisingly her "body bits" were never recovered.

When it finally closed down it turned out to be a "haunt" (a place to go) for those who were brave enough to enter ... I think I did only once and it was certainly the eeriest place eh'd ever been in...Dark, Dusty, Empty & Still)

Except for the occasional, screeching, screaming noises, that seemed to come from nowhere :jawdrop:

It certainly scared the be-jesus oot us toerags :ph34r:

Adblock Detected