On This Day 1971

Rate this topic

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dundee 6-4 Dundee United.  Line ups, stats, match report and a scan from the Sporting Post. http://www.deearchive.co.uk/matchdetails.php?id=3120

One of the most one sided derbies I've seen. We murdered them and how there was only a two goal difference in it was amazing. A 5 or 6 goal margin that day would not have flattered us.

United played Andy Rolland as a Centre Forward due to injuries. I notice nobody has mention the 11th September 1965, another Derby anniversary!!

24 minutes ago, UWTB1893 said:

Dundee 6-4 Dundee United. 

Line ups, stats, match report and a scan from the Sporting Post.

http://www.deearchive.co.uk/matchdetails.php?id=3120

One of the most one sided derbies I've seen. We murdered them and how there was only a two goal difference in it was amazing. A 5 or 6 goal margin that day would not have flattered us.

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, troodee1893 said:

You’re right. I was in the TCK end for some reason. Jocky and Alec Bryce tore them a new a***hole. We looked like we’d score with every attack.

I was at this match and the score flatters, the DABS, couldn't believe we let them score four against us that day, we truly took the foot off the pedal, they were there for a good thumping.

I was there too. Breathtaking, our first win over Them for years too. 

Though the feeling was, if the game had lasted another 10 minutes it would have been 6-6! Andy Rolland got two late goals yes? 

It was a great time to be a Dee, 70-74. Key was keeping together a great bunch of players, letting them flourish. 

United played Andy Rolland as a Centre Forward due to injuries.

I notice nobody has mention the 11th September 1965, another Derby anniversary!!

• Wowzer 1
1 hour ago, jojo gunn said:

Alex Bryce,s finest match a pity he didn't shine in more

Classy player but frustrating in same measure.

Recall he fired us to victory away against East Fife in the SC Quarter Final 1970?.

Incredible scenes that day as thousands of away fans were still queuing at kick off trying to get into the compact ground. 15,500 eventually was the 'official' attendance.

'BREEZY BRYCE' was the headline on the back pages the next day.   

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Dondeh said:

Classy player but frustrating in same measure.

Recall he fired us to victory away against East Fife in the SC Quarter Final 1970?.

Incredible scenes that day as thousands of away fans were still queuing at kick off trying to get into the compact ground. 15,500 eventually was the 'official' attendance.

'BREEZY BRYCE' was the headline on the back pages the next day.   

Meant to add.

Pity about the front page headlines 😧

Edited by Dondeh
3 hours ago, jojo gunn said:

Alex Bryce,s finest match a pity he didn't shine in more

He had shoulders like Garth, but I can’t remember him ever putting in a tackle. Excellent footballer though.

Playing on Drumgeith that day. We were getting updates as the goals were going in. Magic  until we heard that they had score two at the end.