Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Tim Keyes

Cobra

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
26 minutes ago, Cobra said:

Everyone is excited about the signing of Charlie Adam but I wonder if Tim Keyes re-affirming his commitment to the club by supporting the move might be even more significant.

The team went into decline under Hartley. Successive appointments failed and we found ourselves back in the Championship when a devastating pandemic hit. The perfect time for Keyes to step away? Possibly, but instead he's helped us make one of our most audacious signings of the century.

Gives me hope for the future.

We could never fault his commitment to the club. 

7 hours ago, Cobra said:

Everyone is excited about the signing of Charlie Adam but I wonder if Tim Keyes re-affirming his commitment to the club by supporting the move might be even more significant.

The team went into decline under Hartley. Successive appointments failed and we found ourselves back in the Championship when a devastating pandemic hit. The perfect time for Keyes to step away? Possibly, but instead he's helped us make one of our most audacious signings of the century.

Gives me hope for the future.

There's always multiple ways to look at any situation.

The team went into decline under Paul Hartley due to a change in player sourcing policy which ultimately cost a promising and hard working manager his job. Successive managerial appointments since have been farcical resulting in relegation, the perfect time for Tim Keyes to act and remove the cause of those failings? Probably, but instead he kept him on board and a player came to us who has stated for years that he'd like to play for Dundee some day. A massive coup?

I'm still not fully convinced by the most recent managerial appointment, some of last season's football was every bit as bad as under McIntyre, although it does seem to be working out significantly better than the others since Paul Hartley.

I wouldn't like to see Tim Keyes walk away but I would like him to sort the problem he has at the club that has seen atrocious football decisions and relegation.

30 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

I suppose without knowing the breakdown of the Adam deal it's difficult to say if Keyes really deserves a lot of credit. It could be that he's made a further financial commitment or the deal could be financed in other ways that leave us, or someone else, with the liabilities. Who knows really?.

From what I've heard (which may/may not be correct) 3 individuals are helping with the financing - that could mean paying 5% or 95% so who knows as you say, Rev.  

I suppose we can say full credit to the club in the widest sense for making it happen.

I've heard (And i've no real way of backing this up) that the club are paying only a small % of Adam's wage. 

Now, credit must be due to whoever made contact with Charlie and his agent and actually asked the question - this may have been Mcpake or someone else, but huge respect to the sponsors who are picking up the majority of this (Substantial) money on a 2 year deal.

When it comes to financial backing it would seem to be difficult for anyone to find criticism with Tim Keyes. In that aspect he continually comes up with the funding when it's required. 

Accepting his home & main businesses are located in the US, it seems admirable (in theory at least) he allows John Nelms to get on with the day to day actual running of the Club. It may be there is constant communication with each other, whereby JN is giving him constant updates and they share & decide the direction of the Club .... Their aims & ambitions. for DFC. If this is the case, all good & well.

My only concern is, it appears to be happening like some kind of "Secret Society" I have no doubt, both have many fine qualities and both are intelligent men. But I would not put "communication" ... At least as far as connecting with Dundee Fans is concerned, as a top quality/priority, when I think of JN. And I feel, that should be an important role that JN could easily take on, if he felt so inclined ...

As the main spokesman for DFC & Tim Keyes, I think the latter mentioned, should make it his priority, to insist his representative is much more regularly active in his communication with DFC fans and supporters ... That is, Dundee Fans of Long- Standing: Newer Fans: And the very young Potential DFC Fans of the future, which are looking for a decent club to support/follow.

I think this coming season, what we see on the Park will tell us a great deal ... Hope so, cause eh cannae see JN turning into  regular, warm, friendly communicator with the Dundee Following overnight (Apologies if I'm coming over too hard)

Mon the Dark Blues. Let's make this a Successful Season to Remember...Together We Can Do It:chaplin:

Adblock Detected