Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

The Biter.

thegen65

Imagine what the thinking would've been like before the lockdown.

"So, who do you think we'll be signing next season"

"I think we'll sign Charlie Adam"

"Oh FFS come off it, we say that every year and we know he's never really joining... who do you REALLY think we'll sign"

"Nadir Ciftci"

"Right, that's f**cking it, I'm off."

• Funny 1

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
3 minutes ago, rossbatchelor9 said:

Imagine what the thinking would've been like before the lockdown.

"So, who do you think we'll be signing next season"

"I think we'll sign Charlie Adam"

"Oh FFS come off it, we say that every year and we know he's never really joining... who do you REALLY think we'll sign"

"Nadir Ciftci"

"Right, that's f**cking it, I'm off."

It's called Yin and Yang.......

Bring in CH and that total high needs to be offset with an utter low, it's the Dundee way lol

52 minutes ago, TheDarkBlues said:

I thought it was more that the scum club were trying to paint it that way and not Biter?

That was the impression I had. They had a vague statement of 'unacceptable provocation' (not even at McAlister in particular) and let the rest come from that and the newspapers went wild with their 'sources close to x' and contradictory stories.

Ciftci himself was told to shut up and didn't make a press appearance again at the risk of jeopardizing his imminent transfer whilst United handled the fall out. I would suspect as well that Celtic were probably involving themselves in the leaking game.

• Like 2

Ciftci has strangled a linesman, bit Jim Mac, kicked Scott Brown in the head and attacked Izaguirre in training. Plus he's scored a grand total of 3 goals in 4 years.

Imagine having a violent, unpredictable lunatic up front who makes Moussa look prolific. Not for me.

• Like 3
  • Funny 2

9 minutes ago, Cobra said:

Ciftci has strangled a linesman, bit Jim Mac, kicked Scott Brown in the head and attacked Izaguirre in training. Plus he's scored a grand total of 3 goals in 4 years.

Imagine having a violent, unpredictable lunatic up front who makes Moussa look prolific. Not for me.

Completely agree on his ridiculous temperament, total hothead that can lose it in an instant, but he's scored more than that. He had 11 goals in the Turkish second tier in 18/19 and his team got promoted, though none in 13 games last season in the Super Lig.

3 minutes ago, rossbatchelor9 said:

Completely agree on his ridiculous temperament, total hothead that can lose it in an instant, but he's scored more than that. He had 11 goals in the Turkish second tier in 18/19 and his team got promoted, though none in 13 games last season in the Super Lig.

Fair enough. I guess soccerbase don’t cover the league he scored goals in. 

3 hours ago, harry94 said:

In fairness, how can we know it was false?

In reality you're right and we will never know. I do remember McAlister's reaction though and  it was really out of character for him to be so animated. He was always a guy who just got on with things. At the time we didn't know what had happened but his animated behaviour suggested (at least to me) that he felt seriously aggrieved about 'something'. He was always an honest pro, it was one of the things I admired about him.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

IF Ciftci is someone who can score the goals that fires us to promotion then I'd accept his signing, it's a big IF though. Ciftci has baggage and can be a loose cannon at times but on his day he can be a game changer. For the right price he could be a gamble worth taking.

Agree with your post. If he remains capable of the level achieved at United I'd be interested in taking the guy on board regardless of his past sins.

What's his recent history of indiscipline? He's made mistakes, don't we all? I wouldn't have expected him to own up to the fangs incident with McAllister. In such situations he'd be under orders from club hierarchy to zip it. Crazy moment yes, but hardly Neil Simpson territory.

I'm in the forgive and forget camp. If he's better than what we currently have, and he probably is, then he would be a valuable addition to a squad that currently looks short of goals in my opinion.

13 minutes ago, Barfly said:

Agree with your post. If he remains capable of the level achieved at United I'd be interested in taking the guy on board regardless of his past sins.

What's his recent history of indiscipline? He's made mistakes, don't we all? I wouldn't have expected him to own up to the fangs incident with McAllister. In such situations he'd be under orders from club hierarchy to zip it. Crazy moment yes, but hardly Neil Simpson territory.

I'm in the forgive and forget camp. If he's better than what we currently have, and he probably is, then he would be a valuable addition to a squad that currently looks short of goals in my opinion.

Its worse than Simpson in my book. We have all booted someone playing football, deliberately too, but not bitten someone FFS!

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

Its worse than Simpson in my book. We have all booted someone playing football, deliberately too, but not bitten someone FFS!

With respect mate, I'd take a bite on the flesh over a badly smashed knee any day, hour and minute of the week. Not pleasant though.

Ian Durrant lost nearly three years of his football career following Simpson's savage assault.

• Like 3

Adblock Detected