Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Post-match Review

Cobra

Hearts v Dundee  

41 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about the result?

• Tolerable
    • Disappointing
    • Disgraceful
  2. 2. Which Dundee player stood out for you?

• Jack Hamilton
    • Jordan Marshall
    • Jordon Forster
    • Lee Ashcroft
    • Jordan McGhee
    • Cammy Kerr
    • Max Anderson
    • Graham Dorrans
    • Charlie Adam
    • Finlay Robertson
    • Paul McGowan
    • Danny Mullen
    • Osman Sow
    • Jonathan Afolabi
    • None of them
  3. 3. How do you feel about the manager?

• The players let him down
    • It just wasn't our day
    • He should walk away

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
1 minute ago, Derry Drummer said:

Maybe change 1st thing to rate it out of 5. 

2nd choice, do they stand out positively or negatively, 

3rd choice, all negative options. I think he done well and changed it. 

Just a thought before I vote. 

You think McPake done well? That 1st was a f**cking shambles we were absolutely miles off it 

2 minutes ago, Attilio said:

I just don't get the thinking from the bench.

'15 minutes gone and this isn't working.  We could be on the end of a hiding here.  I'll try and hang on the next 30 minutes to half time and then change things'  Jings, crivens.

Exactly. 1-0 down and I suggested in the match thread that we should revert to a back 4 as Kerr and Marshall were getting hammered by both wingers and fullbacks. It was THAT obvious. Nothing changed though like you say until it was far too late. Poor judgment or blind faith he f**k up

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, dblair said:

Exactly. 1-0 down and I suggested in the match thread that we should revert to a back 4 as Kerr and Marshall were getting hammered by both wingers and fullbacks. It was THAT obvious. Nothing changed though like you say until it was far too late. Poor judgment or blind faith he f**k up

As soon as we changed you could see Nielsen speaking to his assistant on what we had done and probably how they would counter it.  On TV you could see the same pair discussing their own set up or our set up in the 6-2 game at the dump.  Utd changed it and we got humped.  That's managing.  We had no Plan B we could change to during tehj course of the game.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Attilio said:

As soon as we changed you could see Nielsen speaking to his assistant on what we had done and probably how they would counter it.  On TV you could see the same pair discussing their own set up or our set up in the 6-2 game at the dump.  Utd changed it and we got humped.  That's managing.  We had no Plan B we could change to during tehj course of the game.

Posted similar elsewhere but I can sort of get why managers try and give their formations longer than fans do, he's probably spent a lot of time on it, only to see it torn up in minutes. I'm not sticking up for that, just saying I can sort of get it. For me, by 15 minutes, our tactics had had the benefit of the doubt and it was time to change things, maybe the difference between a good manager and a lesser manager is being willing to change things when its needed rather than waiting and hope all your efforts are going to come to fruition. 

We're back to hoping that he hoists in these wee lessons for next week I guess.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chomp my root said:

Posted similar elsewhere but I can sort of get why managers try and give their formations longer than fans do, he's probably spent a lot of time on it, only to see it torn up in minutes. I'm not sticking up for that, just saying I can sort of get it. For me, by 15 minutes, our tactics had had the benefit of the doubt and it was time to change things, maybe the difference between a good manager and a lesser manager is being willing to change things when its needed rather than waiting and hope all your efforts are going to come to fruition. 

We're back to hoping that he hoists in these wee lessons for next week I guess.

Chomp

I like many are struggling to comprehend why he played a back 3 against Hearts, i am astonished that we played a back 3 that included Forster and Kerr, train wreck waiting to happen. Elliot is either carrying an injury or is extremely pi**ed off that he did not start, Pi** Poor Management.

I can understand the Finn inclusion to give a bit of movement & energy in support of Dorrans / Adam, i understand the opportunity given to SOW to put one over his old team, they didn't work, however, excusable to a certain degree. It has certainly left a clear picture of who the front 2 should be going forward in terms of Mullen & Afolabi.

Dorrans, Gowser & McGee will need to take a real good look in the mirror.

Ashcroft & Adam will have got on the bus last night thinking what the Feck have i done. 

If Byrne / McDaid are not in the starting line up next week after that performance, along with Elliot (Barring Injury) i am not sure where we are heading it is certainly not to the Premier League.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Attilio said:

I just don't get the thinking from the bench.

'15 minutes gone and this isn't working.  We could be on the end of a hiding here.  I'll try and hang on the next 30 minutes to half time and then change things'  Jings, crivens.

Worrying? No, it was terrifying to witness that shambles unfold. Astounded that JM wouldn't or couldn't make the necessary adjustments when we were being overwhelmed.

JM should know by now what Neilson's teams are all about - tempo, energy, work-rate and commitment. Unless you can engage with and equal that, you're going to struggle.

Out of possession we were abysmal, soft as a baby's first poo. Retreated all night and invited Hearts to advance quickly and in numbers. It was so inept that I was almost grateful for small mercies that we conceded only six.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Barfly said:

JM should know by now what Neilson's teams are all about - tempo, energy, work-rate and commitment

We the fans all know that, why doesnt the manager. Just watched the goals, pen is unfortunate but the rest look avoidable.

New keeper ie essential and has been for two years. I would promote the young lad from the bench right now.

• Like 2

Adblock Detected