The Dark Blues Dundee FC's foremost fans forum and fansite. Created by Dees for Dees. Get involved
Sign in to follow this  
Ivan Drago

Only Negative From Last Night

Rate this topic

Is it unreasonbale to expect some repercussions from the boisterousness in the Derry last night?

Really hope not as the place was bouncing but clubs tend to get into a fair bit of trouble for fans on the park etc.

I'll be honest and I know it won't go down well with some but I can't stand it when guys go on to the park. Just not on.

I am sure it will be in the refs report. If fans keep going onto the pitch we could be looking at having

the stand closed or numbers cut.

Completely agree no issues with celebrating but going the pitch is a total minter.

They should be banned from dens cause sooner or later club will be punished

Agreed

I am sure it will be in the refs report. If fans keep going onto the pitch we could be looking at having

the stand closed or numbers cut.

I appreciate your hands are tied a little with confidentiality issues but this was my concern. Is this a distinct possibility?

These folk are clowns, they think there being smart, funny, clever, whatever you want to call it but all they're doing is harming the club and the 99% of fans who can celebrate in the confines of the stand there in as we will. Get hit with penalties if these idiots continue this.

There were supporters from the Coxy who ran on at the end as well..

I think a lot of the problem with the Derry is the style of seats tbh.

Open backed "bucket" seats on benches make it far easier for people to move forward / stand on seats and generally go mad than the standard type seats with backs.

I'm over the moon about the result, what an atmosphere, however you could say the 'security' at the game wasn't great.  

Why have skinny wee lassies in the derry trying to stop grown men onto the pitch??

Some of the gates (going onto the pitch) at the Bobby Cox wasn't manned at all. (Should get seats for the stewards to sit on and the gates).

There wasn't enough police either, police have more of an effect than stewards imo, however I do realise it will come down to money.

Fans MUST stop going onto the pitch though, however security could of been better.

At the end of the day, emotions were running high, we had just beaten the DABs by a decent scoreline and I think many of them will have been hard pressed to remember the last time we had been at a game where we had won. Some got carried away and ran onto the pitch. I'm not condoning their actions, but I can see why the did it.

Will there be repercussions? I hope not, and I hope that the powers at be take everything into account before making judgement. No one was hurt and it was dealt with pretty quickly (Though I think Bain might still have a few mental scars being hugged the way he was lol )

Not sure whey they haven't built a wall at the front row of seats in the derry.

Any sort of barrier would stop this happening right away as being able to get right up the front makes it too easy to get on the pitch.

At the end of the day, emotions were running high, we had just beaten the DABs by a decent scoreline and I think many of them will have been hard pressed to remember the last time we had been at a game where we had won. Some got carried away and ran onto the pitch. I'm not condoning their actions, but I can see why the did it.

Will there be repercussions? I hope not, and I hope that the powers at be take everything into account before making judgement. No one was hurt and it was dealt with pretty quickly (Though I think Bain might still have a few mental scars being hugged the way he was lol )

J

This is the common sense approach and one that I certainly hope is taken.

However with the little bit of the derry getting taped off, the folk on the track after a number of goals in previous etc my worry is two fold.

1) that we get the book thrown at us by the SPFL.

2) the club take preemptive action to stop 1 in the future.

Poster above makes a great point re the stewards however. Whats the point in a in thin wee lassie trying to stop grown me going on the park. Not fair on them.

For the life of me I can't understand why anyone would be a steward.

For the life of me I can't understand why anyone would be a steward.

Get to watch your team for sweet fa mate.. 90% of the time their job is easy no?

Definitely seemed to be more fans on pitch from the Coxy so unless they behave themselves it's difficult to see how you can stop that sort of idiocy unless you have a line of stewards along the whole length of the stand

Get to watch your team for sweet fa mate.. 90% of the time their job is easy no?

My son did this for a season before he joined the armed forces, and yes while you get into the games for free and it seems you get to watch the match, the biggest thing that got to him was being called an Arab b*****d because he had to ask some guy in the Derry to sit on his seat.