The Dark Blues Dundee FC's foremost fans forum and fansite. Created by Dees for Dees. Get involved
Sign in to follow this  
Alan_Cousin

Weaknesses

Rate this topic

It's been some time since I've looked at a Dundee line up where our strengths outweigh our weaknesses but we are at that stage now. A bit of tinkering over the summer should see us with an excellent first eleven with decent back up. Come a long way in a very short time.

Not sure we are there yet, though not far away I agree. I still think we need to tighten the defence have some pace and aggression in midfield, and have both pace and a holding front player. Of course I am expecting a lot but then it's only a dream.

A *very* long way.

My hope is that we don;t EVER become as complacent as another alleged football team in the city, and expect everything to be plain sailing.

We've had a season we would not have dreamt of at the end of last, and we know that we've done so with a lot of problems all through this year.

It's a little astounding to think what 'might' have been had we not had the problems with injury etc that we had, and not forgetting a couple of BAD defeats.

Taking all that into consideration, and then looking at where we are right before the split... wow!

Left back and right wing is only place we need I think.

Still plenty room for improvement all over the park IMO.

Consistency, avoiding injuries and the desire we showed on Wednesday should be the main focus from our current squad.

If we can achieve that, we are a good Premiership outfit.

There is definitely improvements that have to be made to push on next season. The league this year has probably been as tight as its ever been. Leaving out Celtic and St Mirren there really isn't much between the rest of the teams.

I don't think our defence needs as much tinkering as some people say. A left back is required, Dyer gives everything but he just simply isn't an SPL quality player. I think you could well see Konrad and McPake being our first choice centre backs next year. Konrad has done well this year and I think another year of Scottish football under his belt will see him improve. Another centre back will need to be signed as Davidson and Gadzalov will probably be moved on.

What I would like to see is some more creative in the side including having a couple of out and out wingers to at least give us a different option. Despite scoring in pretty much every game this season, without Harkins I sometimes do worry about where our next chance is going to come from.

Lastly a Striker is required who is going to get you 15-20 goals a season. Maybe Rory Loy will be that man, time will tell. Greg Stewart and Wighton (who will probably be on loan for part of next season) aside I don't think I would be overly concerned if the other strikers were released.