The Dark Blues Dundee FC's foremost fans forum and fansite. Created by Dees for Dees. Get involved
Sign in to follow this  

Jim Spence Tweet

Rate this topic

I like the second comment about "But does Jackie get a cut ?"

:lol2:  :lol2:  :lol2:

• Like 1

Jim Spence finds this out before the club says anything??

I'm wondering if talks with our new owners went like this...

"Let's see how well we do in the actual league... maybe then we'll look into buying back the stadium..."

??

We need buy-back AND improve/develop the south side - and quickly before it is closed for one reason or another - fair bit of cash required

Maybe one or two of our assets are to be sold in the summer to fund this? 

Maybe one or two of our assets are to be sold in the summer to fund this? 

Or, the Owners realise the have a club that could make them money, and this might not happen if they dont own the stadium.

What is the value of Dens. Maybe looking to sell up and move.

Or, the Owners realise the have a club that could make them money, and this might not happen if they dont own the stadium.

Buy stadium, build no frills lego stand on south side, insert artificial pitch - boom, money making machine.

• Like 1

Or, after last night realise that Derry needs improved but "feck paying to do up someone else's house" 

Buy stadium, build no frills lego stand on south side, insert artificial pitch - boom, money making machine.

That would make a lot of sense, I get that whatever would replace the SE won't be popular with the 'traditionalists' but its on its last legs. Its bound to be a 'lego' stand but at least it will have more leg room than the Mainstand, I might be tempted to move then.  :)

Astroturf is the way ahead too, generate a bit of revenue out of (what will hopefully be) our asset. 

Its all about the folding stuff......

1348665814_tumblr_m7zwncBYn41qalk92.gif

A new no frills stand replacing the Derry I can just about handle but I couldn't stomach a plastic pitch at Dens I'm afraid..

Football should be played on grass and we've been blessed with a beautiful pitch for many a year.

A new no frills stand replacing the Derry I can just about handle but I couldn't stomach a plastic pitch at Dens I'm afraid..

Football should be played on grass and we've been blessed with a beautiful pitch for many a year.

Agree about football should be played on grass but artificial is the real thing (pun intended) for the future.

we've been blessed with a beautiful pitch for many a year.

Agreed. About the best surface in Scotland. It would be a travesty to tear it up.