The Dark Blues Dundee FC's foremost fans forum and fansite. Created by Dees for Dees. Get involved
Sign in to follow this  
TheDarkBlues

Dundee Target Buying Stadium Back

Rate this topic

Dundee have begun negotiations to bring Dens Park back into club ownership.

Talks between club chairman Bill Colvin and stadium owner John Bennett are under way for the sale of the ground.

Bennett, who is also a director at neighbours Dundee United, told BBC Scotland that he is amenable to the sale.

"I told Dundee at the time I bought the ground that I would sell it back if it was going into the hands of Dundee fans and I'll stand by that," he said.

Dens Park is owned by Bennett in the name of a company called Sandeman Holdings.

But, with negotiations under way and depending on a price being agreed between the parties, Dundee fans may soon see the ancestral home back under their own board's control.

Colvin said: "We are grateful for John's help at a time when the club needed it.

"It was always in our plans to bring Dens back into the Dundee family ownership and negotiations have begun to do that.

"Obviously it is dependent on price, but I can confirm that talks are under way with John to buy Dens Park."

Yeeeeeeees!!! Outstanding week :)

Now.. didn't we get a *promise* that the ground would be priced as low as was financially possible?

(can't recall)

Now.. didn't we get a *promise* that the ground would be priced as low as was financially possible?

(can't recall)

Maybe we should be dealing with Thompson then instead ;)

(can't recall)

I think Bennett's position was that he'd do as much as he could to help but he'd like to get back what he's put into the club.

Where's the wonga coming from?

Once we have bought back Dens then we should try to buy the dump and then close it down. Wishful thinking.

Where's the wonga coming from?

Tim Keyes? Can't help but think this would have been brought up while he's over.

Tim Keyes? Can't help but think this would have been brought up while he's over.

What do you reckon? £800k

Delighted to have some official news about this.

What do you reckon? £800k

I'd hope around that mark.

Realistically he should sell it back for what he bought it for as he's made profit on the rent anyway.

I think Bennett's position was that he'd do as much as he could to help but he'd like to get back what he's put into the club.

Yes.. I thought I had heard that... :)

£750K.

£500K to purchase the title deeds of Dens Park from Lloyds Banking Group plus £250K loan outstanding at the time of Admin 2 in October 2010.

First and foremost John Bennett is a football fan and the City of Dundee has been very good to him business wise. He helped us out when needed, and I dont believe he will play hard ball with Dundee FC in getting our beloved Dens Park back.

I remember when he bought Dens he said he would sell it back at no profit to himself.

I think John Bennett is a man of his word which is a very rare thing for an Arab.

Well Done.