Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Football Cliches ....... What Ones Make You Cringe, Angry, Or Even Laugh ?

Gedee

Hope Attilio disnae mind me quoting from his post on the Scotland vs Ireland game. 

But it got me thinking about tha banal cliches, that are used by football presenters/commentaters/ analyists ........ maybe even the highly paid professional experts !!

(That last wee bit, I meant as a wee joke. But you never hear any posters on the forum use these well-worn-cliches)

Attilio, highlighted the point in the following post .........."Anytime that anyone says .....  "it's in our own hands now" .....  you just know we are going to make an ar** sooner rather than later"

Things like......."The game needs a goal"..........."It's a game of two halfs"...... "That's the goal the game was needing"

Come on guys, give us a few more please ? So get posting and let's hear them please ?

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
  • Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the end of the day

The lads gave 110% out there and that's all I can ask

There are no easy games at this level

He's hit that one too well

When your talking about your Gerrards, your Lampards, your Rooneys

They're setting their stall out today

They're a good side on paper

He's a top, top player

He's got a good touch for a big man

It's six of one and half a dozen of the other

2-0 is a dangerous lead

A real Keystone Cops moment

All just a bit of handbags there

"This game is FAR from over!"

"This one could go either way"

"But of course you always have to remember that Dundee United are shyte..."

(Might have made that last one up!)  :)

Hello joe ...... As much as I am enjoying this thread, to be honest I was no' sure I wated to keep coming back    

(I'm a wee bit scared o' others maybe thinking I'm kind of "huggin on" to too many threads)

But I really couldna let that last line o' your last post pass withoot some comment ...........

"But of course you always have to remember that Dundee United are shyte..."                    " (Might have made that last one up!) "                 

Absolutely Hilarious !!!!!         NEAR FELL AFF MY CHAIR !!!

KEEP THEM POSTS COMING IF YOU HAVE THE TIME LADS AND LASSES 

Everyone post has made me chuckle ..... (Cobra as usual excelled himself)

"Get aff yir erse and dae some work" ................I better add, that's nothin tae dae wi cliches.

That's whit my wife is efter shoutin at me again !!            I better also add (or I'll be in real serious trouble) unlike me, my guid wife disnae swear.

My wife wis raised on a hard working sma' farm wi' a bunch o' swearing brithers (and sisters), so she's no genteel, but she dis hae a bit o' class.

ME ? common as muck !! ......... (something tae dae wi my genetic make up i'm telt)

Hello Joe .................. It was mair a rented smal' holding I think you wid call it . Some pigs, coos, hens ducks an a' that kind o' thing

Margaret wis the oldest and expected to be able to work hard, fae the time she could walk, Her Dad (woodsman)and Mother (90yrs+now) worked, as far as I can see right roond the clock ....... early dawn and late into the night, with full time jobs in between !!

The landlord/owner was  someone called "Lord Keech".        Basically the same name as those who own the rest o' Scotland !!

(Politics Jo ....... Now we are really pulling this thread off-topic)

To make my wife feel really at home I try very hard to maintain, Margaret's busy work schedule ....... And it is hard work for me as well, trying to organise this and spend awe day on the forum !!     I THINK THOUGH, SHE GENERALLY APPRECIATES THE EFFORT I PIT INTO THIS .

We now have only a wee hoose and a biggish back gairden and when I retired I got right into poultry breeding.

Nae room for livestock, we managed to squeeze in four dogs, two cats and hens, ducks and rabbits.   And then there is me ..............THE LAZY PIG !!

Adblock Detected