The Dark Blues Dundee FC's foremost fans forum and fansite. Created by Dees for Dees. Get involved
Sign in to follow this  
TheDarkBlues

Aftermeth: St Johnstone 1 - 0 Dundee FC

Rate this topic

Never got the win we required to make top six our spot, but at least our dab friends did us a favour by beating Hamilton.

St Johnstone 1 - 0 Dundee FC

We were rotten, dreadful all over the park. Poor starting 11.

Lets just hope killie dont win the games they have left

Killie have the SHeep tomorrow at Rugby then the Tic at Porkheed on Wednesday and go in with a -7 GD

Killie have the SHeep tomorrow at Rugby then the Tic at Porkheed on Wednesday and go in with a -7 GD

I can't see Killie doing this to be honest, but stranger things have happened.

I can't see Killie doing this to be honest, but stranger things have happened.

No they haven't. :o

Not in 100+ years of Scottish football (& probably world football's top leagues) will you find a team taking a 9-goal combined pair of wins against the champions-elect & the team chasing 2nd place.

Over to Cobra for some google research......but I'm confident I'm not wrong :huh: ....I think.

• Like 1

The goal difference isn't quite as good as it sounds. If Killie beat Aberdeen say 2-0 and Celtic 1-0 then a 6-0 for Celtic at Dens would put Killie above us. I wouldn't expect us to get gubbed by Celtic but I think that's the only realistic way we'll lose out on top six.

No they haven't. :o

Not in 100+ years of Scottish football (& probably world football's top leagues) will you find a team taking a 9-goal combined pair of wins against the champions-elect & the team chasing 2nd place.

Over to Cobra for some google research......but I'm confident I'm not wrong :huh: ....I think.

Can prob be confident. Wouldn't bet on it tho.

Look what happened last season when Kenny Shiel's Morton "lay down" to Hamilton and let them win 10-2.

In my opinion Shiel was trying to get his own back on Dundee because we prevented them finishing in the top 6 in season 2012-13.

Interestingly Kenny Shiel has not been appointed manager at another club since he was sacked by Morton as a result of their 10-2 defeat.

Night and day from wednesday....

Some players looked jaded,understandbly so

Ferry simply not good enough, and also thought hartley was quite negative in his tactics

All in all tho top 6 so have to be pleased

Very poor stuff today. Slow, laboured and lacking ideas all over the park I'm afraid.

What could have been a great day has ended up flat..

Strange atmosphere at the game as well. No singing or cheering from a sizeable travelling support due to the sh**e on display.

Back to reality...

Very poor stuff today. Slow, laboured and lacking ideas all over the park I'm afraid.

Strange atmosphere at the game as well. No singing or cheering from a sizeable travelling support due to the sh**e on display.

Back to reality...

Nerves I think mate.

Back to reality...

Was a brutal atmosphere

After the lord mayors show

Think the reason the atmosphere was crap was due to it being all ticket. The last game at Perth was the same. All the boys that make the atmosphere were dotted all over the stand so it was just wee pockets trying to get atmosphere going. Our squad were in amongst a lot of older and less able folk so it was hard to get any atmosphere going.

Game itself was brutal. Dyer, Davidson and Ferry just ain't good enough im afraid. Mcgowan is never a right winger, and with Ferry and Jim in the middle the creativity is severely lacking. No damage done though. We should get our top 6 spot barring something ridiculous. 10 days rest now, hopefully recharge the batteries, get a few boys back and end the season strongly.

Think it was very apparent for us just how big a miss Thompson and McPake are for us.

Also Ferry offers absolutely nothing in the midfield and the sooner irvine is back in for dyer the better.

Was a poor game today and thought they were just as bad but managed to take a chance

The pitch and blustery conditions seemed to hamper us more than them.

Not much between the sides and if Clarkson sticks that chance away on HT who knows, we may even have gone on to win.

The last time in Perth Harkins ran the show, we badly missed someone doing that today, along with Thomson, McPake and Irvine. Dyer is awful.