The Dark Blues Dundee FC's foremost fans forum and fansite. Created by Dees for Dees. Get involved
Sign in to follow this  
Dee62

Season Ticket Query.......

Rate this topic

Hi all,

Planning to buy a ST for next season so roughly when does the early bird scheme start?

Cheers.

Hi all,

Planning to buy a ST for next season so roughly when does the early bird scheme start?

Cheers.

I'm betting this week..

No solid info to base that on.. Just a hunch

Early bird usually starts as soon as they go on sale until whatever date is given (before it's then extended).

Not 100% sure when they usually go on sale but given improvements in how the club is being run hopefully will be available sooner rather than later.

I'm betting this week..

No solid info to base that on.. Just a hunch

Feel good factor at the club right now is high. I would be selling everything I could.

First time in a while we've been certain on what league we will be playing in (and be able to project the sort of prize money too) so would be trying to get this sorted fairly quickly.

First time in a while we've been certain on what league we will be playing in (and be able to project the sort of prize money too) so would be trying to get this sorted fairly quickly.

Would people be objected to a slight raise in price if we knew it would go towards putting a cup challenging team on the park.

I wouldn't.

Would people be objected to a slight raise in price if we knew it would go towards putting a cup challenging team on the park.

I wouldn't.

That's dangerous territory as it'd raise expectations instantly. And as is the way with the cups, one dodgy performance and you're out. That'd bring unnecessary pressure on the management team.

Aberdeen have been aiming for the cups for years and had little success and it often hindered their league performances too.

I wouldn't.

I wouldn't object to a slightly increased price if something's done to reduce young kids' prices. We need to be encouraging the younger generation to attend not pricing them out.

I can't even remember what I paid last year so won't even know if next season's are more expensive.

• Like 1

I wouldn't object to a slightly increased price if something's done to reduce young kids' prices. We need to be encouraging the younger generation to attend not pricing them out.

I can't even remember what I paid last year so won't even know if next season's are more expensive.

Yes, a modest rise in price would be acceptable as we can all see the benefit of better players and staff  to our team.  I can't remember what the price was this season either (£300??).  Like you say though my 12 year old stopped going as his season ticket price rose sharply from the previous season.

Kids pricing is what the club need to be looking at.

Season tickets and single match days alike.

Some sort of good value family ticket for non ST holders would be well received as well I would imagine.

Get the kids hooked on the Dees while we are doing well with a decent team on the park.

• Like 1

Agree with Deeranged ( theres a first :-) ) make it more affordable to buy ST's for kids, think we paid £300 early bird this season but could be wrong, wouldnt be surprised that the price goes up slightly...... No problem from me with that

For me, I'd quite happily pay more for the season ticket if the kiddy price came down for PATG. I know people can get cheap kiddy ST's and family tickets (not exactly sure, it doesn't affect me) but as has been shown with the cup games, it can become expensive for families who have the ST's to go to cup games. Everyone's finances are different and I guess if they put up ST prices 50 quid some will struggle so there's no 'right' answer but for me, make it cheaper for kids, the cheaper the better, free, especially for the under 12's at least. If the books need balanced then put the adult price/ST prices up a bit. We need to get the yoof hooked on our product !

Does anybody think they might hang off from selling season tickets to see If, and it's a very outside chance type if I know, we get into Europe? Maybe try to add a Euro option for slight price increase?

No, neither do I.

Does anybody think they might hang off from selling season tickets to see If, and it's a very outside chance type if I know, we get into Europe? Maybe try to add a Euro option for slight price increase?

No, neither do I.

The issues with the Derry will be the biggest headache for the club in terms of what seats they can and can't sell I would imagine..

Reduced capacity, changes to available seating, potential for season tickets only to reduce numbers further?

Anything could happen I suppose.

Club confirmed they were submitting an action plan for it today I think.

It helps produce a great atmosphere on nights like last Wednesday but other than that it's becoming a pain in the butt for the club on a seemingly weekly basis.  I wonder what legal responsibility the landlord has in these situations - I mean if the unthinkable happens and someone is seriously injured?  I'm sure that John Bennett will be only too aware if anything could land up at his door in those circumstances and tbh if it was me and I could be held culpable in any way I know what I would do.

There's a saying that 'any advertising is good advertising' but not in this case.