Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

End of Season 11?

harry94

Now that we know what half of the table we will be in, there has been a bit of talk about getting Wighton some game time. How should we go about doing this?

I reckon that apart from Wighton, we should also be looking at Heffernan and keeping him involved to see if he's maybe worth another year.

---------------------Bain---------------

McGinn--McPake--Konrad--Dyer

-----------McGinn--Thomson-------

----Stewart--Wighton--McAllister--

----------------Heffernan--------------

That would be a fairly sensible team and allow us to compete to some degree while getting a bit out of Wighton and even further consider Stephen McGinn.

On the bench in recent weeks, Andrew Black and Calvin Colquhoun have featured. I don't know what sort of level that Hartley thinks they are at and if they are in his plans past this season but given that Black will be 20 at the start of next season and Colquhoun 19, they should be given a place in the squad now if they are going to become proper long-term options.

Could maybe be a catalyst for their progress and be a good bit of encouragement for them to head into the summer.

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Would go with that team Harry if Hartley decides to start bringing the youngsters in bit by bit. Wighton I'd imagine will be given game time, and I think Black looks a decent prospect too. The only problem is with defenders is that your mistakes are more likely to cost goals. For that reason I think it's always easier to give attacking young players game time.

Also, with Kerr out on loan and McGinn first choice, I worry that he'll not get the chance here anyway in the future. I've seen he can also play CM so it might be an option to try him there, or out on the right hand side of midfield.

Heff is not good enough, scored against the fruits but we could do better. If tank is fit before the end of the season play him to see if he is good enough. Harkins is a must when fit. We are in the top 6 and should not just play fringe players, we should aim for at least 5th or even fourth. Beating Celtic and United would be great. Wighton 

Heff is not good enough, scored against the fruits but we could do better. If tank is fit before the end of the season play him to see if he is good enough. Harkins is a must when fit. We are in the top 6 and should not just play fringe players, we should aim for at least 5th or even fourth. Beating Celtic and United would be great. Wighton

Heff has looked our most mobile, dangerous striker this year.

Craig has skill and speed but can't hold up ball.

Clarkson holds up the ball but no speed but can score.

Tank has speed and skill but can't score.

Heff has speed, can hold up the ball playing as a lone striker and knows where the net is I think. Obviously he hasn't played much yet but looked good against the mongrels.

IMO of course.

Adblock Detected