The Dark Blues Dundee FC's foremost fans forum and fansite. Created by Dees for Dees. Get involved
Sign in to follow this  
Abdul Latif

Fixtures Delay

Rate this topic

Rumour has it MMJ threw his toys out the pram upon hearing there would be 3 derbys at dens.

Why oh why are the chairmen of the SPFL clubs not getting rid of this numpty Doncaster.

Letting Sky and BT decide what the fixtures should be and when they take place is disgraceful.

Get the fixtures out and let them sort it out then what games to show.

SPFL fixturing this whole season has been a complete and utter shambles.

They genuinely don't have a clue what they are doing regarding it.

How difficult, seriously?

Release the fixtures, let Sky or BT decide what they are showing after this.

• Like 1

Why oh why are the chairmen of the SPFL clubs not getting rid of this numpty Doncaster.

Letting Sky and BT decide what the fixtures should be and when they take place is disgraceful.

Get the fixtures out and let them sort it out then what games to show.

The bodies running our game are queueing up to pleasure the TV compainies for the paltry 15M, all SKY/BT need to do is 'drop trow' and there will be a high heidyin there to 'fluff' them. Its embarrassing, I like to avoid cliche's but the Titanic/deck chairs scenario springs to mind. 

Absolute disgrace that these fixtures haven't been published yet. Bending over backwards for the TV companies no doubt.  I can imagine the scenario at Hampden during the meeting between Sky/BT and the SPFL.

Sky/BT:  You've got Inverness at home to Celtic first game.

SPFL; Aye

Sky/BT:  Well we would like it be Celtic at home to Inverness

SPFL: OK, that's manageable.  Can I ask why though?

Sky/BT:  We can't be a#rsed going up the A9.

SPFL: Aye, that's OK. We understand.

Sky/BT: And we would like it to kick off at 10.00 o'clock at night.

SPFL: Aye no problem.  Why so late though?

Sky/BT: Optimum time for us.  No f?cker will be watching it.

Sky/BT: And we want a 45 minute half time break.

SPLF: No probelmo.  make it an hour.

• Like 1

Absolute disgrace that these fixtures haven't been published yet. Bending over backwards for the TV companies no doubt. I can imagine the scenario at Hampden during the meeting between Sky/BT and the SPFL.

Sky/BT: You've got Inverness at home to Celtic first game.

SPFL; Aye

Sky/BT: Well we would like it be Celtic at home to Inverness

SPFL: OK, that's manageable. Can I ask why though?

Sky/BT: We can't be a#rsed going up the A9.

SPFL: Aye, that's OK. We understand.

Sky/BT: And we would like it to kick off at 10.00 o'clock at night.

SPFL: Aye no problem. Why so late though?

Sky/BT: Optimum time for us. No f?cker will be watching it.

Sky/BT: And we want a 45 minute half time break.

SPLF: No probelmo. make it an hour.

Taking the p*ss...

How did you manage to get a transcript of the meeting?

SKY have no imagination when it comes to televising live Scottish football matches. They keep showing the same games between the clubs throughout the season. Our games against the Dabs have all been televised live on SKY or BT as have the Hearts v Hibs games. No wonder the viewing figures are poor when the fans can easily work out well in advance which Premier leagues games are going to be televised live.

SKY have no imagination when it comes to televising live Scottish football matches. They keep showing the same games between the clubs throughout the season. Our games against the Dabs have all been televised live on SKY or BT as have the Hearts v Hibs games. No wonder the viewing figures are poor when the fans can easily work out well in advance which Premier leagues games are going to be televised live.

I think SKY/BT find it easier to market derbies as 'grudge matches' to appeal to their core market which is England because of the vast population difference. Its up to 'us' (and by that I mean our governing bodies) to try and increase our profile and marketability. They've shown precious little ability so far, the collapse of 'The artist formally known as Rangers' and the subsequent collapse by our governing bodies has shown how 'unsavvy' they are. To basically throw themselves on the mercy of the TV companies was 'possibly' (and I'm being incredibly generous) the right thing to do in the short term but medium to long term was extremely damaging to our reputation as a 'product' and puts us at the mercy of the hardball playing businesses. I know 'short term' is how things seem to be run now but it really isn't the way to build things and I just hope the club are taking a longer term view with our 'redevelopment'.

Look forward to the next derby being on a Sunday, 10.30 kick off of course!

Anybody any idea why the ICT v Utd game hasn't been rearranged yet? Celtic are playing both their outstanding fixtures the next 2 Wednesdays yet there's no date for that game and the post split fixtures start a week on Saturday. Strange one.

Don't have a problem with SKY showing all the derbies. It's showing almost every single one of Celtic and Rangers away games that gets on my tits - our home game against Celtic next week is the first time this season Celtic won't have been live when playing away from home. We have also had Rangers away at QOS twice, Raith twice, Falkirk twice and a few others.

Derbies apart, you would think some appealling fixtures might be for example United v Aberdeen, Dundee v Aberdeen, St Johnstone v Dundee, St Johnstone v United - all teams local to each other and all closeish to each other in the table. The 4 fixtures mentioned will have been played 12 times come Saturday - only 1 of them have been shown live on TV (Us v Aberdeen last month).