The Dark Blues Dundee FC's foremost fans forum and fansite. Created by Dees for Dees. Get involved
Sign in to follow this  
DeeMo

Clubs You Hae A Soft Spot For

Rate this topic

What clubs do you hae a soft spot for ? Rational or irrational reasons

First of all there is only one club I support and who's results bother me. I also want our National team to win as well.

Anyway the teams I hae a soft spot for and my reasons are

Montrose as that's where I bide

Arsenal because of my old man who lived in London for a few years and used to watch them. It was him that made me a Dee :) I also loved watching Henry, Bergkamp, Vierra etc and still enjoy the way Wenger sets out his teams to play fitba

Everton because I cannae stand LIverpool. Daft and irrational I know

Aston Villa because I like the name and also I canne stand Birmingham City.

Millwall because I went to hospitality when we played them in a pre season friendly a few years back and sat with a couple of their supporters who were good guys with a lot of stories to tell. Also because of the clubs connection to Dundee

Manchester United. Growing up all my mates liked LIverpool as they were successful so I liked Manchester United. I also loved Bryan Robson

Borussia Monchengladbach because in the 90's on holiday I met a German that supported them. He posted me a top over. I would also love to stand on a terrace watching them and go ' Give me a B ' :)

Sampdoria because of their Asics kit which was exactly like ours apart fae the colour. My favourite Dee kit

Quite a few but to be honest I really dinnae care if they win or not unless I hae money on them. Some crazy reasons as well

Leeds - they were always the team I used when playing subbuteo as a kid.

(I customised my team with painting on different coloured hair and tiny tiny colured eyes!  :)   )

Scotland (obv.!)

and for some unknown reason (really!) I always want to hear that Forfar are winning...!!??

Dig the new avatar DeeMo,

I keep an eye on a few English teams that I used to go to watch when I worked down there, Barrow and Watford especially and my 'official' English team which is Wigan. I've got a soft spot for Bohemians in Dublin purely from playing FM  :lol2:

Leeds - they were always the team I used when playing subbuteo as a kid.

(I customised my team with painting on different coloured hair and tiny tiny colured eyes!  :)   )

Scotland (obv.!)

and for some unknown reason (really!) I always want to hear that Forfar are winning...!!??

I forgot about Forfar Joe. My mither is a Forfarian and I do believe they have a very good keeper just now

Dig the new avatar DeeMo,

I keep an eye on a few English teams that I used to go to watch when I worked down there, Barrow and Watford especially and my 'official' English team which is Wigan. I've got a soft spot for Bohemians in Dublin purely from playing FM  :lol2:

Cheers Chomp :) That's got a bit of a ring to it

Watford are going well just now and are braw to watch.

Wigan however are doomed

Love the Bohemians reason

Cheers Chomp :) That's got a bit of a ring to it

Watford are going well just now and are braw to watch.

Wigan however are doomed

Love the Bohemians reason

I should have added Portsmouth and Plymouth but for some reason I'm just not as bothered about them. Watford have been playing some good stuff this season, caught them a few times on the TV and look the part.

I should have added Portsmouth and Plymouth but for some reason I'm just not as bothered about them. Watford have been playing some good stuff this season, caught them a few times on the TV and look the part.

Bloody Plymouth drawing last night bust my coupon and cost me winnings of £40. I'm really nae liking them today
  • Like 1

Accrington Stanley.

When I was working in the bank in 2001 I spoke to a person from the RBS in Manchester who had been at hospitality at an Accrington Stanley home game. This RBS employee knew all about Dundee FC and he could not understand how we could afford to sign players such as Caniggia and all the other top foreign stars that were playing for us at that time.

I told him that I was (at that time) an armchair supporter of Dundee FC and I could not understand either as the attendances could not support the high wages being paid. In November 2003 we all knew the answer!

Since our conversation I have always looked out for Accrington Stanley's result.

Accrington Stanley.

When I was working in the bank in 2001 I spoke to a person from the RBS in Manchester who had been at hospitality at an Accrington Stanley home game. This RBS employee knew all about Dundee FC and he could not understand how we could afford to sign players such as Caniggia and all the other top foreign stars that were playing for us at that time.

I told him that I was (at that time) an armchair supporter of Dundee FC and I could not understand either as the attendances could not support the high wages being paid. In November 2003 we all knew the answer!

Since our conversation I have always looked out for Accrington Stanley's result.

Mrs Deemo likes Accrington Stanley as well. She likes the name and it is also just a few miles fae her best mates house. She also likes Dagenham and Redbridge because of the name. MK Dons because she was at school with a guy called Micky Don who also repaires her car. And Millwall as she was at the hospitality game with me.

Her coupon is Dundee, Accers, Daggers, MK Dons and Millwall. Never seems to come in

You are my Dundee. my only Dundee.. You make me happy when skies are grey!!

Nae other teams for me.

Couldn't care less about any other club.

Only the Dees and Scotland for me!

Look out for Montrose's result as I have a soft spot for the town since I used to holiday there as a child. Went to a few pre season games of theirs too. Other than that, I don't really care for any other side other than the national team.

Like to watch the Premier League down south but don't have any particular favourite team. I like Swansea as their story of getting to the Premier League is quite remarkable and they play some great football. Nothing annoys me more though than guys 'supporting' an English side despite never having lived in England, or having any connection to the place the team comes from. It's usually at the expense of a Scottish team too.  

Yenitit, they're meh favourite wee team.

(where's that fecking BAN buttton....)

:)

Only Scotland for me, don't usually bother watching any other televised games. Just cant get interested if it's not Dundee.

Leyton Orient.  go when i can, love a wee jolly to london, 

millwall.... obvious reasons.

Norwich....seen them play us in the fairs cup or anglo -something,   think they beat us 4;2 :(