The Dark Blues Dundee FC's foremost fans forum and fansite. Created by Dees for Dees. Get involved
Sign in to follow this  
JoeCovenant

McGowan Spared Jail

Rate this topic

http://au.eurosport.com/football/mcgowan-spared-jail_sto4678289/story.shtml

Dundee midfielder Paul McGowan has been spared jail following his latest police assault conviction.

The 27-year-old was placed under a restriction of liberty order during a hearing at Airdrie Sheriff Court on Wednesday morning, which confines him to his home between 7pm and 7am for 16 weeks.

McGowan had previously admitted assaulting a police officer and breach of the peace.

How quick will have to drive to get home to airdrie? Run atraight off the park into a waiting a car or do we subbie him at 70 mins? :lol2:

No night games then.

Pre season away was my worry :lol:

Good news for both him and the club, I don't think he'll be hanging around after the games if he's got to be home for 7 o'clock though, quick shower and offski.  :P

Lucky lad. Let's hope he has really learnt his lesson this time.

Fantastic news for us as we are most definitely a poorer team without him in it

Good news for both him and the club, I don't think he'll be hanging around after the games if he's got to be home for 7 o'clock though, quick shower and offski.  :P

He'll more than likely be telt to get a flat through here.

Also, if you're reading this Paul. You're our friend and we'd quite happily flat share with you.

Naw pertys though.

I have a feeling he was expected to move through when he signed and he didn't, probably regretting it now though.  :lol: That will be even crapper for him if he's moving through to a new city and he has to be in for 7. I can recommend a good forum if he's at a loose end.  :rolleyes:

Im sure he will be excused for his work. 

Most people on curfews are. 

It's nae the first and won't be the last time that a fitba player has been tagged and under curfew.

Do they get to take the tag off when playing? I honestly don't know how big these tags are and if you could play a game with one on

Probably the best outcome he could have hoped for. Think the penny will drop for Gowser now though that this is his final chance.

It's nae the first and won't be the last time that a fitba player has been tagged and under curfew.

Do they get to take the tag off when playing? I honestly don't know how big these tags are and if you could play a game with one on

Dundee will have to PAY for a sheriff officer to attend dens and remove it. Then put it back on after game. Expensive. 

I remember Pennant having one in his Arsenal days and he definitely wore it during games.

Statement from the club...

"The club does not condone the behaviour which has led to this and wouldn't from any member of our staff.

"We fully respect the decision made by the court and Dundee FC will be standing by the player. "Paul is an integral part of the club and we will be working alongside the PFA with him as he bids to positively resolve his off the field issues. With the support of the manager, his team-mates and club staff, we hope Paul will be able to move forward and be part of another successful season next year at Dens Park.

"The club will be making no further comment on the matter."

Nice one. to the point, supportive without condoning... perfect statement.