The Dark Blues Dundee FC's foremost fans forum and fansite. Created by Dees for Dees. Get involved
Sign in to follow this  
TheDarkBlues

Paul McGowan “Hopes to Be A Better Person�

Rate this topic

Disgraced Dundee midfielder Paul McGowan has said sorry for his latest assault on a police officer.

The Dark Blues star admitted he was one step away from jail, after being spared a prison sentence despite racking up his third conviction. After being tagged and subject to curfew, the shamed star insisted he hopes to become a better person.

He said: “I’m sorry for my behaviour and actions. “I’ve let a lot of people down. “The reality is that I will go to jail if I step out of line one more time.

“I know how lucky I am to be sitting here with my career intact and my family around me.”

McGowan admitted kicking PC Jamie White after he was arrested following an altercation in Airdrie, the player’s home town. Defence lawyer Liam O’Donnell claimed his client became aggressive because of an alcohol and gambling problem.

Airdrie Sheriff Derek O’Carroll told the former Celtic and St Mirren player: “You have a hostile attitude to police.” He was previously given 130 hours community service for attacking two police officers in 2013, and he has another conviction for attacking an officer in 2010.

After escaping jail a third time McGowan said: “Nothing I can say will excuse my actions – I just have to prove I can become a better person.”

Good on him for coming out and saying what he has. Hopefully get his demons sorted now.