The Dark Blues Dundee FC's foremost fans forum and fansite. Created by Dees for Dees. Get involved
Sign in to follow this  
SuperDee

The Americans

Rate this topic

In today's courier, Paul Hartley pays homage to Nelms and Keyes, and says they were a massive factor in him staying and calls them the 'real deal'. Also says that PH and Keyes sat down last week and spoke about a few things including Dundee having their own training ground.

What a difference a few years makes. We are finally a professional club, doing business the proper way. Season tickets on sale early. Tim Keyes putting money into the club alongside our Chairman Bill Colvin, who I have a lot of respect for.  The contacts Tim and Bill have in the business sector should help Dundee Fc grow in the long term. 

Nice to see Tim Keyes come across now and again and take in a game.It would be nice to hear his thoughts during close season and what plans he has. I know Nelms and Keyes are doing a lot in the background and don't like publically speaking about their plans until there finalised, but it would be nice to hear from him.

Anyway,

The future is bright (well dark blue ;) ) !

I was unsure about them taking over but I think having Colvin as the main man makes things easier to trust. 

He is a well known business man and has a few bob behind him. His reputation would be ruined if he fecked us over. Were as the Americans could just jump on a plane and put it down to experience. 

If you get me. 

The recession hit when the company was buying property and it killed them. 

He made a few bob like tho. 

• Like 1

Did Colvin not f**k Southern Cross over or something? I know little about him but know he was involved with them.

I've said from the beginning that I heard from someone at the club the Nelms is really respected and well thought of by all staff and players.

Colvin, not so much. But no one wanted to hear it.

The recession hit when the company was buying property and it killed them. 

He made a few bob like tho.

It'd be fair to say he's pretty shrewd and ruthless as a business man...

I've said from the beginning that I heard from someone at the club the Nelms is really respected and well thought of by all staff and players.

Colvin, not so much. But no one wanted to hear it.

Deleted my post because I couldn't remember if the business he was involved with was called Southern Cross. But it was the care group place that went under.

Deleted my post because I couldn't remember if the business he was involved with was called Southern Cross. But it was the care group place that went under.

Yeah was Southern Cross mate. 

I think he comes across as a decent guy Abdul. 

Yeah was Southern Cross mate. 

I think he comes across as a decent guy Abdul.

I'm not saying he's not a decent guy mate.

Just he's a tough business man and the reality in the club is that it's not as simple as Colvin's great and Nelms is sucking money as many fans seem to want to believe.

I'm not saying he's not a decent guy mate.

Just he's a tough business man and the reality in the club is that it's not as simple as Colvin's great and Nelms is sucking money as many fans seem to want to believe.

Oh right. Get you now. 

I think people think Bill is a nice guy cause he put money into Dundee. 

But in reality I think they all compliment each other. 

I think people think Bill is a nice guy cause he put money into Dundee. 

But in reality I think they all compliment each other.

And for that I'm entirely grateful.

I agree we have a great back room team just now and wish folk would leave it be instead of always trying to pick fault with the Americans.

I suspect it's often bitter former Blazers or friends of who no longer get the prawn sandwich treatment tho.

Come a long way in a short time. We were on the edge of the abyss with the last shower in the boardroom & dugout.

PS: How's Spoofer, Bomber & the other Bomber doing these days?

And for that I'm entirely grateful.

I agree we have a great back room team just now and wish folk would leave it be instead of always trying to pick fault with the Americans.

I suspect it's often bitter former Blazers or friends of who no longer get the prawn sandwich treatment tho.

Ex Director who fecked up when they were there who still think there entitled to an opinion. 

Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

• Like 2

Don't usually get involved with the boardroom posts but my observation is that Nelms is really in to it and is now DFC daft .

Keyes appears to be a much more of a background man and isn't as in to it as Nelms.

Colvin, think he's a good person to have on board.

Martin - heart is in the right place.

We seem to be much more settled as a club after years of civil war, unrest and turmoil in the boardroom.

Pretty much everything is positive at Dens at the moment. It's been some year for the club.

• Like 1

We seem to be much more settled as a club after years of civil war, unrest and turmoil in the boardroom

This is the most pleasing thing for me..

Even if we had brought the stability we are enjoying just now and avoided relegation this season, I would have been delighted.

To see our clubs business being taken care of so effectively is superb and all signs for the future appear to be as bright as I can ever remember.

For me, we still need to seal the deal with a healthy balance sheet to ease any remaining concerns over expenditure and cash flow.

I do have every faith that we are in good hands and moving in the right direction though.

Time for the Dundee Support to show what they are made of and to reclaim top dog status in our own city in terms of attendances.

Good time to be a Dee

:)