The Dark Blues Dundee FC's foremost fans forum and fansite. Created by Dees for Dees. Get involved
Sign in to follow this  
TheDarkBlues

New Deal A ‘No-Brainer’ Says Dundee

Rate this topic

Source: The Evening Telegraph

Dundee manager Paul Hartley described the decision to sign a new three-year contract with the club as a “no-brainer”.

Hartley’s deal was confirmed at Dens Park on Friday lunchtime and he quickly made it clear how delighted he was to be extending a stay that started last February.

“It was an easy decision. We’ve been speaking over the last six months and it was a no-brainer for me.

“We are building for the future here. We are laying down the foundations for the future and I’m delighted to be part of that,” he said.

“My vision is to try to make the club strong and try to be a top-four side. That will take time, there’s a lot of work to be done and we are still building.”

In a statement, the Dens board recognised the manager’s achievement in reaching the top six.

“Paul’s hard work is a key reason we sit where we do today and we look forward to many more years of success under his guidance.

“We are already building for the future and planning for next season and beyond is well under way.”