The Dark Blues Dundee FC's foremost fans forum and fansite. Created by Dees for Dees. Get involved
Sign in to follow this  
Attilio

Expectations

Rate this topic

OK so we're all chuffed that we finished in the top 6 but what are your realistic expectations from here until the end of the season?

6 games to go, 2 of which are against the Celts.

Me?  5th place, as I predicted at the start of the season.  Do that and I win 10 bob from my young lad ( realistically its 10 bob less I need to give him).  The little sh1t laughed when I said 5th as well.

Win against the wee haters at Dens and I think well pass them.  Utd too far ahead (maybe).

I  reckon we may see a wee drop off in performances / results. However, that will be acceptable if we win on the final day of the season. I think a couple of draws at home and an away derby win will be how it pans out.

Then PH can get to work setting us up for a top 4 finish next season.

OK so we're all chuffed that we finished in the top 6 but what are your realistic expectations from here until the end of the season?

6 games to go, 2 of which are against the Celts.

Me?  5th place, as I predicted at the start of the season.  Do that and I win 10 bob from my young lad ( realistically its 10 bob less I need to give him).  The little s**t laughed when I said 5th as well.

Win against the wee haters at Dens and I think well pass them.  Utd too far ahead (maybe).

Where did he think we would finish mate? 

DerryDrummer, on 18 Apr 2015 - 4:29 PM, said:

Where did he think we would finish mate? 

9th - Partick, Hamilton and St Mirren below us.

I had Celtic, Aberdeen, Utd, Motherwell, Dundee, St Johnstone.  I really did think we were am0ng a group of 5 teams who would be challenging for the top 6.  Maybe a touch of bravado and blue tinted specs.

Inverness and Hamilton did better that I expected and Motherwell and Ross County did poorer than I thought.

9th - Partick, Hamilton and St Mirren below us.

I had Celtic, Aberdeen, Utd, Motherwell, Dundee, St Johnstone.  I really did think we were am0ng a group of 5 teams who would be challenging for the top 6.  Maybe a touch of bravado and blue tinted specs.

Inverness and Hamilton did better that I expected and Motherwell and Ross County did poorer than I thought.

You soon should go shopping on a Saturday. Leave the football to you  ;)  :lol2:

I  reckon we may see a wee drop off in performances / results. However, that will be acceptable if we win on the final day of the season. I think a couple of draws at home and an away derby win will be how it pans out.

Agree with this.

Will be interesting to see how the team goes about it's business - will they give it everything to get as many points as possible, or be happy to have got top 6?

Pressure is off.

We've achieved our maximum target as we were never aiming for Europe.

Hopefully see a bit of football in the remaining games with the pressure off and hope we are comptitive and don't get the end of season type affairs.

In all seriousness.

Us and them both with the beach balls packed for the end of the game just in case would be some atmosphere.

In all seriousness.

Us and them both with the beach balls packed for the end of the game just in case would be some atmosphere.

Potentially the biggest derby for many a year!

Think this'll be how the end of season pans out.The fut will come off the gas a wee bit & our bigger players with injury problems will sit out most of the action.CW will get some extra game time.

Theres absolutely no way the players or hartley will take there foot ofc the gas, the strongest 11 will play every week

Theres absolutely no way the players or hartley will take there foot ofc the gas, the strongest 11 will play every week

Players have the sunglasses on at clubs up and down the country season after season when the pressure is off.They'll claim in the press that they'll give 100% but realistically,with a 6th place finish the least we can achieve,it's be no means certain that we'll see a fully committed,full strength Dee team on the park in the remaining 6 games.I'm certain KT wont be risked if he has a paper cut.

Players have the sunglasses on at clubs up and down the country season after season when the pressure is off.They'll claim in the press that they'll give 100% but realistically,with a 6th place finish the least we can achieve,it's be no means certain that we'll see a fully committed,full strength Dee team on the park in the remaining 6 games.I'm certain KT wont be risked if he had a paper cut.

He isn't risked now if he has a papercut.

You sure about that?.