The Dark Blues Dundee FC's foremost fans forum and fansite. Created by Dees for Dees. Get involved
Sign in to follow this  
Mr Gandosaur

Nicky Low

Rate this topic

just seen the news, like you I never saw that coming. PH has a plan.

What type of midfielder is he? A wide man I hope

Always played CM when I've seen him. Dunno if he can play on either wing. An Aberdeen fan on P&B described him as a 'more active Barry Robson'.

They seem pretty disappointed to have lost him.

Aggressive, left footed midfielder with great technique seems to be the general description. Might be pushing Jim McAlister closer to the door.

Brilliant stuff. He was one of the players I had in mind when I was building my fantasy squad thing in one of the other threads so been thinking about this possible move before but I did not think it would be so quick.

Good work rate, great left foot and seems to be able to have an actual contribution on games.

Things haven't worked for him with injuries putting him in and out of the team but hopefully, he'll arrive in pre-season ready to go. Sure a change of scene might do him well.

What type of midfielder is he? A wide man I hope

He seems to be defined as a centre midfielder but has also played wide on the left, right and behind the striker. Think he's even played at wing back before too but not 100% sure.

I'd be looking for a system that would have him as a 'wide midfielder' and a winger on the other side. So assuming a back 4 and he's playing, something like this (very exaggerated) shape:

---------Stewart--------------Loy-------------------

-------------------------------------[pacey winger]

---Low------------------------------------------------

--------Thomson McGowan-----------------------

Aberdeen fans seem to be suggesting that he can't play anywhere else other than CM. Seem to think he doesn't have the pace to play wide and is definitely suited to CM.

Good to have a left footer in the side. We lack them.

On pussjotter Dundee FC News are suggesting he is a left CM/ Winger.

Sheep fans on p+b seem to be pretty unanimous he ain't a winger.

He is a centre mid,if McGinnis interview in the tele the other day was anything to go by,then he wants another crack down south low will probably be his replacement

Thomson, meggatt, Stewart and low,first time we've had 4 left footed players in a while

Thats a legacy of Bomber :lol2:  :lol2:

• Like 3

Definitely a central midfielder. Been impressed any time I've seen him play so thumbs up from me.

Like Harry, I had him in mind when doing my pick-ups for next season but genuinely thought they'd re-sign him.  Very happy with this news.  He'll bring the aggression and drive we lack in the middle, which should allow our ACMs to play that bit further forward.

Don't think he's a winger myself, most definitely a central player.