The Dark Blues Dundee FC's foremost fans forum and fansite. Created by Dees for Dees. Get involved
Sign in to follow this  
bainssleeve

Cb

Rate this topic

Are we a good centre back short of having an excellent team for next season? Excited already and we haven't even started the post split fixtures!!

Depends if Hartley deems Meggatt as a CH or a LB. Think he has a lot of faith in Konrad and McPake. Expect we'll bring another CH in. But think we've got a possibly excellent team already this season!

Andy Webster could be that man? I think meggatt will be at left back mostly.

Konrad is more of a sweeper I think. A back 5 would suit Konrad.

It will depend on the quality of the signings as Ive yet to see them play but those are the areas we needed to strengthen along with a quality right sided player.

Assumimg these signings are up to  standard then I think we are 2 player away ( RW & CB ) from a right *** side.

Andy Webster's a good shout.

Not being greedy but I'm still looking for a centre half, right winger, left winger and another striker.

With the amount of our squad out of contract in the summer I'd imagine it's still feasible.

• Like 1

Not being greedy but I'm still looking for a centre half, right winger, left winger and another striker.

With the amount of our squad out of contract in the summer I'd imagine it's still feasible.

Mistakenly gave you a Bluey instead of pressing quote. 

If we're talking about squads we need this IMO;

GK, CH, Wingers X 2 and a striker with pace.  First team wise we only need a winger for the opposite side of the pitch from Stewart now IMO.

I keep hearing Andy webster mentioned but at 33 and not getting a game for a bottom half of the table league 1 side in England it maybe that his better days have passed.

I would prefer a younger quality CB that will be at the club beyond 1 season .

Happy to be proven wrong just think we should be looking at other options there.

• Like 1

Webster is a big NO fae me, for whats thats worth.

Webster is a big NO fae me, for whats thats worth.

Maybes sign him and keep him on the bench even if its just to keep the frothers frothing :)

Would Danny Wilson be a silly shout? Leaving hearts, probably a lot of interest but as they say, you don't ask you don't get. Agree with DBDU although Webster has been a quality CH, I would prefer a younger player in

Danny Wilson looks set to be off South or to Celtic to be honest. Don't see why he'd leave voluntarily being the captain of Hearts when they'll be challenging us, to sign for us on what'd likely be a smaller wage.

Danny Wilson looks set to be off South or to Celtic to be honest. Don't see why he'd leave voluntarily being the captain of Hearts when they'll be challenging us, to sign for us on what'd likely be a smaller wage.

I agree mate, just an example of the type/age of player I would like to see us after. But stranger things have happened, I'm sure we once signed a boy who was best mates with maradona 😉

Reckon if we signed Webster he would be a key player and probable skipper.

@@DBDU

Where has Celtic come from? There's absolutely no danger he'll be going there. Rangers is where he will end up on stupid wages.