The Dark Blues Dundee FC's foremost fans forum and fansite. Created by Dees for Dees. Get involved
Sign in to follow this  
Billy Campbell's Ghost

PH At Dens

Rate this topic

Was speaking to the guy at Dundee College the other week who supplies trainee masseurs to Dens for the players. he is a Hun with an Arab wife but spoke of Hartley with glowing praise.

He said that Hartley knows of every player in every league in Scotland and indicated that if there was a gem out there PH would know.

He also said he knew we would win the derby as when he took the masseurs to Dens the buzz around the place was tangible.

I was greatly heartened by his impression of PH and the work he is doing.

Was speaking to the guy at Dundee College the other week who supplies trainee masseurs to Dens for the players. he is a Hun with an Arab wife but spoke of Hartley with glowing praise.

He said that Hartley knows of every player in every league in Scotland and indicated that if there was a gem out there PH would know.

He also said he knew we would win the derby as when he took the masseurs to Dens the buzz around the place was tangible.

I was greatly heartened by his impression of PH and the work he is doing.

Yeah a lot of people say he is the real deal. Surely must be a fault in him.

And to think certain halfwits were calling for his head mid season and calling him tactically inept and such like.

Said it then and repeat it now, best manager we've had in years.

And to think certain halfwits were calling for his head mid season and calling him tactically inept and such like.

And to think that we had to put up with Bombers inept management and poor tactical nous before that

Dodged a bullet cruise missile there   :D

Hartley could be the best manager we've had. Needs to sharpen up his image a bit and be more forthright in media interviews though...:-)

He could easily have drove us down the table tho.

Its a fine line as we all know.

DerryDrummer, on 21 Apr 2015 - 2:44 PM, said:

He could easily have drove us down the table tho.

Its a fine line as we all know.

To be fair, even if he did, as long as we finished 10th it'd have been considered a successful season!

To be fair, even if he did, as long as we finished 10th it'd have been considered a successful season!

To you, not to me.

To you, not to me.

I saw NO-ONE say they would think this season would not be a success if we only made 10th, at the time.

DerryDrummer, on 21 Apr 2015 - 3:49 PM, said:

To you, not to me.

Then you'd have had unreasonable expectations quite frankly.

• Like 2

Then you'd have had unreasonable expectations quite frankly.

To you, not to me.

Well obviously you have your own opinion on this DD.

But I am sure it was no' only me, and twa or  three ithers, that felt, jist kep awa fae the relegation area and consolidate, and that would be good.

Whatever we a' expected, I think it is safe to say ......... Good Season and the future is looking good fir Dundee FC :)

I saw NO-ONE say they would think this season would not be a success if we only made 10th, at the time.

I said we should not settle for 10th and we were stronger than 10th.

I was convinced that we would get nearly top 6.

I think we need to be a wee bit careful with the Hartley praise. Im really glad that he's our manager but, like any manager, he's flawed and his flaws have been shown both this season and last.

He still makes some bizarre substitutions, struggles to identify his best eleven and needs to learn that there are times when 4-2-3-1 isnt the best option. The first two league Derbies also exposed him this season.

Point is, he's a young manager and still progressing and learning. Im very glad that he's doing this at our club but lets settle with the hype. Remember there is no more fickle person on the planet than a football fan. The Arabs' current treatment of Jackie is a case in point.

This. To be frank, we have our fair share of halfwits, look at the carry on with the derry 😞

Easily the best manager we have had since archie knox in my opinion,he has brought a real good feel factor to dens long may it continue